My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys watsup, ok below is the link of the y delete pipe, and iwas wondering 2 things... how much performance do you get out of it...and 2nd what is the "sound making pipe" on the gti...and what sound does it make...is that the spool from the turbo or something....?? thanks

http://www.fixxtuning.com/mk5_gti.html

·
Registered
51 Posts
The EA pipe is an after market version of VW's ESS (engine sound system) pipe. If you have seen the EA pipe, then where your ESS pipe is self explainatory... The Y-Pipe delete take out the ESS pipe. If you look at the Audi version of the 2.0FSi motor you will see is has no ESS. The Y-Pipe Delete is an Audi OEM part. With this you will have more air going into the throttle instead of a stupid sound maker on the passenger side of you moter. In turn you will have a better throttle response... I hope this cleared things up a bit...

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
they both do the same thing but if you want more style to your engine bay then ea pipe is the way to go but if you want a little more throttle response and a bit more power then the y-delete pipe is the way to go. Your choice.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah thanks alot, it def helped.......so does the sound maker pipe actually make a sound or is that just the name for it?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ohh ok i get it...the aftermarket pipe you get the sound of the turbo without performance suffering....thanks man

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I rather have my engine look nice also i knew before i bought it i wouldn't see any improvments but just the looks. I'm very happy with it

·
Registered
556 Posts
The EA pipe looks nice, and I want it, but I have a couple questions:

1. Does it void your warranty? I know this is a frequent question around here, but if someone could set me straight, that would be cool.

2. Is it easy to install? Can a newbie like me install it, without a lift or anything like that?

3. Does it make much of a difference in the sound? Do you think you would be able to hear the difference if one drove by you?

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
1.Yes it voids warranty only if that part caused the problem
2. Very easy to install, Yes a newbie like you can install it, yes without a lift
3. It make a small performance but will add throttle response and a little bit louder turbo. Some ppl say they can i did.

·
Registered
556 Posts
So installing it doesn't void the warranty, just any damage caused by it?

What do you think could be damaged by putting this pipe in?

·
Premium Octane
1,289 Posts
Is it possible without the EA pipe? I have heard of people simply plugging the pipe at the front, by the grille, with a commercial grade seal.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Do you know if there are directions anywhere for the installation that I can look at online?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I have not heard of any damage caused by installing the pipe. You dont need direction at all its that easy. Just unscrew 3 screws and your set.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Bcruzin said:
Is it possible without the EA pipe? I have heard of people simply plugging the pipe at the front, by the grille, with a commercial grade seal.
it gets rid of the EA pipe completely.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts