This thursday, Fedex tracking told me I will recieve

-My european license plate
-Faze Boost Gauge and Pod
-Manual boost controller

! Xmas !...even tho I'm jewish....

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Is that kosher? To have a euro-plate made up with your license plate number and putting it in its place?

In the next couple months I'm probably going to move to a province that requires plates on the front, so that might be a nice alternative to ruining the front of my car with a regular plate.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hey Thalo - I know "technically speaking" in the states it isn't legal. I honestly doubt that if you put your real license number on them that you would have a problem...unless the copper just wants to be a real ass. I'm considering the same thing myself...

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
Well, no pics posted yet but I couldn't wait so I just ordered mine on the 24th. It says "MKV-GTI" with the stickers on the top and bottom of the dash. I got it from autoplates.com... I checked the status and it still says "processing". I can't wait!

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
I just tracked it. It's in New Orleans. And as far as drilling holes... I don't have to, mine already came with a front license plate frame.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
mmm.. i donno if thats a good or a bad thing that yer grille had the holes already but i guess that made it a pretty easy choice to get the Euro plate... im still undecided. i made one i loved but dont know if i want to drill or not :/

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
I was sad for the time I didn't have my license plate yet.. (as you can see in my display picture) but since it's required here, I'm happy it was done so I didn't have to. :)

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
I got it. I don't really care that you can see my real license plate number... but here goes. Oh, and I know people say i should take off my Texas plate, but I kinda like it. I don't like having one in the back then a euro on the front only. To each his own right?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
To each his own, but also...to each his own risks....

I assume your state's laws require 2 plates, and you don't wanna chance a euro front plate?

Peace of mind > Risk

imho

1 - 19 of 19 Posts