Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm forcing you all to chose sides. I have both and, in short, the PS3 can suck my balls. I bought it to hang over my friends heads and once that entertainment value was lost it went back into it's box and into the closet.

The 360 rules by far. Xbox live is intuitive and easy to use. I'm five states away from my pals and little brothers but finding them online is a snap. The Xbox came with the HD cables, unlike the PS3-the HDMI was $60 additional. Sony will shove that Goddamn Blu-Ray player down your throat, but $500 won't even get you built in wireless. Motorstorm for PS3 looks promising, but they failed to release it at launch. Haven't tried VF5 yet but it might be the only reason for breaking the PS3 back out.

I know the launch titles for the 360 weren't all that great and it took them almost a year to develop anything really mind-blowing but Sony should've had their shit together. They're sucking so badly that exclusive titles sure to be system sellers like Army of Two, Assassin's Creed, Unreal Tournament 3 and VF5 are coming out for the 360 also. I don't know what to tell you. Metal Gear Solid 4 will kick ass of course, but the future of gaming is blowing the crap out of someone online and Sony's way behind in that department. Yeah yeah, I almost forgot about GTHD. Stay of execution granted...for now.

We could talk about the Wii here of course, but I left it out for two reasons: firstly, no one can deny the thing is just plain fun. Secondly, for only $249 you might as well just get one if you ever get the chance. Odds are pretty good your girlfriend will even play it.

The gauntlet's been cast. Choose...

·
Registered
857 Posts
I've played both, but only own the 360, and for me it's the 360 as well. First, the controller is the most perfect controller ever made. I usually only play two genres, shooters and racing. There's plenty to keep me happy on the 360. The PS3 costs an arm and a leg, and I'm not willing to give those up. I waited 21 hours for my 360 in the cold, it was worth every second of it.

I'm going off to college next year, and my roommate, my best friend, has a 360 Wii and PS3 and hopefully a big HDTV for graduation, so we're set.

All the PS2 fanboys bashed the hell out of the original Xbox which I also loved. Now I think it's time that they got a bashing of their own, Sony really bombed it with all the hype and then the upset for this PS3.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Played the PS3, thought it was a huge load of crap. I had a Wii since release, but I sold it last Wednesday for a Premium Xbox360. It's everything I wanted from a system! Kickass games with graphics to match, and an online world that's seamlessly built into every game. Its awesome to be able to download free demos for just about every game you would want. Want to stream videos and music from your PC to your TV? Done. Want to listen to your favorite tracks while stopping terrorist plots? Done. Everything I've played so far has been rich in content and keeps me on the edge of my seat, for lack of a non-cliche phrase.

Xbox360 > Wii > Playstation 3

·
Registered
690 Posts
At this point, 360 all the way.

The PS3 doesn't have near the library the 360 has and, to this day, the OS is still buggy. The thing that puts the 360 ahead for me (aside from the price) is Xbox Live.

·
Registered
556 Posts
You guys hear about how Sony is making a "Sims/Second Life-esque" ripoff for their online service and are going to be giving out "Trophies" to gamers for doing good things in a game?

Hmm... trophies..... where have I heard something like this before? OH YEAH! They're called Achievements, and they're on XBL!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts