Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After seeing a few JTI's around, Ive decided I want to do the conversion too. Im looking for the pieces X'ed in the pic to trade straight up for a chrome jetta grill.

(not my car, but sick as hell)

Looking for chrome or black, doesnt really matter.
Want these parts:

So Cal preferred, as you will ship first if youre not local.

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
good luck with that... don't know how that would fly here. I've heard of a previous guy who did that and he got shunned. I think it looks okay, and to each his own.

·
Registered
36 Posts
i was thinking about dropping my lower honey comb grill thinking people would notice a big gap where the stock intercooler is... but idk if it'l look good or cheap

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
good luck with that... don't know how that would fly here. I've heard of a previous guy who did that and he got shunned. I think it looks okay, and to each his own.
I'd love for someone to talk **** to me about my car. Being a professional fighter has its benefits(Also how I paid for the car). They don't have to drive it, I do.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
I'd love for someone to talk **** to me about my car. Being a professional fighter has its benefits(Also how I paid for the car). They don't have to drive it, I do.
I used to hunt humans for a living... what's your point? Let's please drop the e-thug crap please.

FWIW: One of the reasons I avoided the R32 was all that chrome and no fogs, did not make the vehicle look like a top of the line model.

If you want to change the grill out, there are a lot of aftermarket alternatives.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I used to hunt humans for a living... what's your point? Let's drop the e-thug crap please.

So are you trying to put a GTI grill on a Jetta?

FWIW: One of the reasons I avoided the R32 was all that chrome and no fogs, did not make the vehicle look like a top of the line model.

If you want to change the grill out, there are a lot of aftermarket alternatives.
There is no 'e-thugging' here, so please cut out the 'arrogant condensending asshole' crap please.

I personally like the GT grill, and the jetta grill is exactly the same. there are options with OEM parts too like having the open GT-esque fogs as well.

To each his own..

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
There is no 'e-thugging' here, so please cut out the 'arrogant condensending asshole' crap please.
:'( OK, so what does being a professional fighter have to do with anything?

BTW: It's condescending not condensending.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK, so what does being a professional fighter have to do with anything?
I was merely standing up for myself and car..

So Dragon, you going to sell me a jetta front end? This originally started out as a BST thread, not a pissing contest :]

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
both of you guys need to play nice.

I was just warning you, no need get defensive.

I said I liked it, and warned you so you wouldn't get defensive, but I guess it backfired. My apologies.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
I was merely standing up for myself and car..

So Dragon, you going to sell me a jetta front end? This originally started out as a BST thread, not a pissing contest :]
Well, back to your grill, I don't have one to sell... have you checked with any of your local salvage companies? You may wanna try asking on a Jetta forum if you are trying to trade: www.jettajunkie.com :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, back to your grill, I don't have one to sell... have you checked with any of your local salvage companies? You may wanna try asking on a Jetta forum if you are trying to trade: www.jettajunkie.com :)
Thanks buddy, I posted there almost immediatly after posting here :) Ill check the yards this weekend, parts like that seem to go quick.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts