Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright. today i was runnin my car pretty had and got it to 120 about 3 times... after this i took a 5 minute drive to cool the engine down... well anyways while i am turning into my development i hear this grinding twisting sound coming from under the car while making a simple 25mph right hand turn. it sounded like it was coming from right under me just a little farter up. what could this be??? i feel like puking right now with all the problems i am having with this thing... i really have no idea what it was. i was with my sister and we were all smiling and then when i turned in my development and heard this noise we both went silent and thought something fell off the car. i honstely even thought the suspension gave in and the wheel fell off for a second... it was the oddest feeling. i took the car and drove it in a circle and nothing happened but i really am kinda scared of what could happen if i take it on the highway now... i looked under the car and nothing looks wrong but by the sound the car made i know something must be wrong. unless my DSG slipped a little and cought a gear late i really donno what it could of been... this happen to anyone yet?? :'(
any advice???

·
Registered
68 Posts
lol you must beat the hell out of that car. always having problems with it. It could be a million things from a grinding sound. anything with a gear could make it. any thing that rubbed wrong or slipped could make a grind sound. best bet is to bring it to the dealer if your worried.

Just a piece of advice... take care of your ride. my parents bought me my first car... it was a 83 el camino :) and im only 21 now so it wasnt long ago. I love the hell out of that thing. If you take care of your ride it will take care of you and your wallet (or parents wallet). A good friend of mine had his parents buy him a brand new car and he didnt take care of it so they traded it in and bought him an 10 year old civic /gag

·
Registered
398 Posts
I second taking your car to the shop if you're worried. At least have it documented that something was up with it so if it ever does pan out to be anything you're on record with the dealer.

Try taking a picture of your sister next time and posting that. After a quick glance I will be able to tell if the sound came from her with my eagle eye.

;D

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Don't I remember you saying something a while ago of your car's alignment being somewhat off still after getting it fixed? LIke, didn't you mention a vibration or something? I sure wouldn't be taking it much over 80 if there were anything wrong with the alignment.

·
Registered
346 Posts
GTfly said:
runnin my car pretty had and got it to 120 about 3 times...
Didn't you also say if you fucked up with this car your dad would take it away? What are you doing hitting 120 3 times? No judge in the union is giving you deferred adjudication for 120. Intrikit's right - you've got a hell of a car at 17 (had an '87 Honda LXi to put it in perspective). Take care of it, man.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.