Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
mmm...beer
2,815 Posts
hehe. i cracked mine too ;D u can fix it with some super glue and a light touch up of paint. they got that "original factory bumper black" at your local autozone. should match it up pretty well. or be like me and brake it apart trying to make it fit round your new intake [fish] wish i had a band saw [fish]

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its a 2.0 fsi.

but really the reason i want to is the crach is real small but its kinda where the air flows through. concerned with some escaping and stuff....sounds like it could lead to problems

·
Registered
110 Posts
Too LAte... SOLD by me... and let me say EdRock's CW GTI is sweet titties... he has got this Awsome looking Aftermarket Radio unit that looks like the Navi system BUT MUCH BETTER.... I was inspired to save for this upgrade... He seems to have 20% tint all around... the highlight of the evening was when we both LEft the Garden state plaza mall and made a tight turn in sync... i wish i recorded that... but yeah.. there should be somt GTI meets sometime soon....

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
hey whats up,

i used a band saw to trim my engine cover, then painted it. Looks hot. I would definitely go out and buy an cai intake, for the money its gonna cost u to replace u might as well use that towards an aftermarket intake. The crack isnt gonna matter when u trim it neway. I started a thread w/ direction on how to trim it w pics too

·
Registered
110 Posts
lumns said:
hey whats up,

i used a band saw to trim my engine cover, then painted it. Looks hot. I would definitely go out and buy an cai intake, for the money its gonna cost u to replace u might as well use that towards an aftermarket intake. The crack isnt gonna matter when u trim it neway. I started a thread w/ direction on how to trim it w pics too
\

He has the Carbonio setup so the entire engine cover was needed... I was too lazy to remove the K&N drop filter i had originally in the engine cover so he got a GREAT deal... the filter only had like 20 miles on it... but i am thinking of the nuespeed like engine cover.. but i don't care for the carbon fiber nor the ridiculous price....

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
yea definitely not worth the money. $300 bucks is have a chip job

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yea, thanks again to etapia for hookin me up...i was getting tired of havin a busted engine cover. and yea thats 20% i got on there. Where did u get your tint done i was meaning to ask you but i forgot.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I got is done at http://www.nulineautoperformancecenter.com/

The guy's name is JR... he does mainly Audio customizing and hooked me up with the tints... i paid $190 for the 5 pieces. If i have to remove the front driver/passenger he said he would take them off and put them back on for $35... so not bad...

My family has a BBQ spot like half a block away and he has bought from us before. Hence how I got in good with him... He has sick ideas in how to replace the audio system in our GTI's.... he even wanted to incorporate the hatch cover that is hanging and put two small tweeters there... jsut check out his site.. it is legit.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.