Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, been looking into the n2mb wot box, and was wondering if i can wire it up and it'll work fine with a stock setup
All i have done is a short ram intake, forge diverter valve and n75 racing valve
No exhaust work or motor done
Thanks in advance

·
I'm Watching You
15,550 Posts
you will be fine.

I have read that it is bad for the turbo tho, might want to look into that

I have a wot box on my 2.0 mk3. all i have is a short ram as far as engine performance mods and it works fine

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you will be fine.

I have read that it is bad for the turbo tho, might want to look into that

I have a wot box on my 2.0 mk3. all i have is a short ram as far as engine performance mods and it works fine
Sounds good thanks for the advice, i wouldnt be hitting 2step too often though ones in a while should be good for the turbo but i will look into it

·
Registered
89 Posts
You can run the n2mb wot box but make sure that the correct engine cut off time during shifts is set. Not to short nor too long, I've heard many people setting engine cut off time at 600-850 milliseconds for VW's due to the delayed synchromesh engagement.
Don't think it will damaged your turbo either once your boost doesn't spike erratically.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I wouldn't ever use the 2-step launch control, unless you're at the track and need a perfect launch. Take it from me, it will destroy the turbo and your exhaust. I used it on my car a couple years ago (for a couple weeks before I disabled it) and it separated the downpipe flange from the downpipe, put a 2 inch crack in the exhaust pipe near the downpipe, AND knock the muffler off the rear pipe (it was getting thinner due to rust/age, though).

The turbo seals went sooner than they would have on my turbo, too. It will also destroy whatever cat material you may still have in the cat. Don't use it! lol

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yeah I don't think the 2 step is ideal for a stock daily driven street car.
The WOT box helps reduce your shift time but it still takes a toll on other things.
I've wired up this same N2MB WOT box on a MK3 VR6 and works fine. No issues but then again the VR engines are literally bullet proo and can take a good pounding.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts