Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coming out of my neighborhood there is an onramp to the freeway. There are two lanes, and it merges into 1 lane and is labeled as a passing lane. I was behind a brand new mustang that was going slow so I got on the left to pass and they floored it and tried to RUN ME OFF THE ROAD!! Actually swerving towards me sharply. Oh, but thats not the end of it. I thought ok, maybe it was on accident. Maybe just maybe the lady thought that her lane was the dominant lane instead of the one that had to merge into the left lane (my lane). Apparently not. I went on my way to school, about 10 miles with her following me. No big deal, right? You can only go one direction on the freeway, afterall. I slowly move over to get off the freeway and she stays where she was in the far lane. At the last minute she swerves off the freeway to get behind me, cutting off a big rig and a mini van. Both had to brake hard and swerve. I'm thinking oh, shit, is she seriously following me? Like, going out of her way to follow me? What the fword? Still giving her the benefit of the doubt, I get ready to turn left off the freeway. She literally tried to ram my car at a stop. She revved, flipped me off, and lunged her car towards me. I ran the light to get away from said crazy bitch, and she follows me. I do a couple of u turns in front of my school (which she couldn't follow! YAY! Go GTI turning radius!). By now I am blocking traffic to let her know that she is in public and if she rams my car she's got about 20 people in cars watching her. She still tries to ram my car again! A couple of my friends from school saw the whole thing. In the middle of all of this, my cell phone happens to be dead. I got to the front of my school where there is SUPPOSED to be security and looked for help but no one was there but other students. I stayed in my car and she pulls up in the wrong direction and blocks me in. She made motions for me to get out of my car, so I go in reverse and back away and park elsewhere. She eventually got bored and left. I filed a full police report against this crazy bitch. They said that if she ever ever every tries anything like this again they will arrest her. I found out there is a police station close to school, so they told me that if she ever follows me again just come straight to the station. Get this: I've seen her twice since then, since she lives so close to me, and she's completely ignored me both times!! Not even a glance of recognition.

Did someone just forget to take their meds or what?!? I'm not joking, thats the only way any of this makes sense. A sane person would not do any of that. All of THAT stemmed from me trying to legally pass her in a legal passing lane where she was going slow! Holy shit. I should add that not once did I flip her off or egg her on in any way. Not even after she ran me off the road the first time. I didn't even bother making eye contact and glaring at her. People drive like jerks all of the time here in California, so it isn't unusual to be cut off. I guess I'm just used to it. Usually its someone multitasking and doing their makeup or something stupid and it is unintentional. However, flooring and swerving is a different story, I guess.

I keep having people I don't know from my school coming up to me saying 'holy crap what was that lady in the mustang all about? I saw the whole thing!'. And you know whats worse? Most of my friends that I had confided in after being understandably pretty damn upset said that they have been followed and chased down by someone at one time or another. I guess this was just my first? Wtf is wrong with people.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Re: Worst road rage I've ever experienced - Lady tried to ram my GTI multiple ti

I would be crazy to if I were stuck driving a FORD :)

No really though, people are so high strung these days. It seems like the least little thing sets them off, maybe you just happened to be the last straw that day for that particular woman. Honestly though if it was morning and she was already at the point of breaking, maybe she should have just stayed in bed?

Either way, I'm glad you are ok thats the most important thing. With that said, its a good thing the GTI handles so well eh? :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
I wouldn't sweat it any, just slide one of those small aluminum softball bats in the pocket on the back of the passenger side seat in case she becomes a problem later on!

No seriously, there is certinally a rivalry between Fords and Fast's. My best friend owns an '04 SVT Cobra, and he busts my balls all the time!! Last week, at work, I was comming off last out and tapped to my windsheild was a piece of paper that said...."Snakes eat Rabbits!! Watch your back!!" The fool even wrote it in red! He's such a Goof!

But I got him back the next night. He left is car unlocked. While he was out on a run, I took those little chocolate candys called 'Whoppers' and I put a pile of them on his drivers seat. It looked just like rabbit poo!! I topped it off by leaving a note on his steering wheel that read....'Sorry.... my rabbit Sh*t all over your seat!'

I'm still getting flak from that one.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Re: Worst road rage I've ever experienced - Lady tried to ram my GTI multiple ti

Mr. Spool said:
'Sorry.... my rabbit Sh*t all over your seat!'
Dude, that's hilarious.

Anyway, that lady was crazy. You did the right thing by avoiding her. After all, she could have had a gun or something and maybe she was just looking for an excuse to use it. Steer clear of those maniacs. It's too bad your phone wasn't working. I would have immediately called the police and reported her. There are lots of signs saying "report aggressive driving" where I live.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Mr. Spool said:
But I got him back the next night. He left is car unlocked. While he was out on a run, I took those little chocolate candys called 'Whoppers' and I put a pile of them on his drivers seat. It looked just like rabbit poo!! I topped it off by leaving a note on his steering wheel that read....'Sorry.... my rabbit Sh*t all over your seat!'
That has to be one of the funniest rivalry stories ever. At least it is light hearted. I know my husband will get a good laugh out of that one!

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts

Man if it was me and some crazy bitch tried to pull that kind of crap I'd get out of my car, reach into my trunk for my 8 iron (cause it's pretty useless, I wouldnt' mind wrecking it) and go to work on her lights and windows. That's just me though, I don't take crap from anyone, least of all crazy old ladies.

·
Registered
274 Posts

Thalo said:
Man if it was me and some crazy bitch tried to pull that kind of crap I'd get out of my car, reach into my trunk for my 8 iron (cause it's pretty useless, I wouldnt' mind wrecking it) and go to work on her lights and windows. That's just me though, I don't take crap from anyone, least of all crazy old ladies.
"Well, Your Honor, I was busting her car up with an 8 iron because she is crazy"

·
Registered
12 Posts

jgo said:
Thalo said:
"Well, Your Honor, I was busting her car up with an 8 iron because she is crazy"
No joke, its one thing to get back at someone by vandalizing their car (not the best idea) but if you take things to far on the road things could get ugly. Attacking someone with your car could be viewed as assult with a deadly weapon. A serious offence with serious consequences.

My hats off to you for the way you handled yourself. It takes a bigger person to keep their cool.

In Chicago, driving is very stressful and its easy to get angry. You have to see those situations for what they are and realize that road rage is never worth the fight.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Thanks for all of the feedback.

There was a lady on the news that was charged with throwing a BOMB because she got mad and threw a cup of ice water at a car. She was convicted of a felony for this.

Craaaazaaay.

·
Registered
556 Posts

mistyz23 said:
Thanks for all of the feedback.

There was a lady on the news that was charged with throwing a BOMB because she got mad and threw a cup of ice water at a car. She was convicted of a felony for this.

Craaaazaaay.
Yeah, the lady you're talking about got mad at someone for flipping her off so she threw a McDonalds drink at the other car, which went in the window. It's apparently illegal to throw projectiles into other people's cars, and I heard she got something like 3 years in a minimum security jail. They don't mess around wherever she was...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Mr. Spool said:
Mistyz....nice signature. Karma for you!
Yay!! My first karma!! Thanks.

GranTurismoInjection said:
Yeah, the lady you're talking about got mad at someone for flipping her off so she threw a McDonalds drink at the other car, which went in the window. It's apparently illegal to throw projectiles into other people's cars, and I heard she got something like 3 years in a minimum security jail. They don't mess around wherever she was...
I used to ride my sportbike in the bay area and I rode with a lot of guys who claimed to keep ball bearings in reach while riding for cars that acted up. I'm glad I never saw it necessary to do that. Three years of my life is worth way more than some stranger in the other lane. Even if they are an asshat.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts

You say it's illegal to throw projectiles into other people's car, is it illegal to throw them at other people's cars? ie: hot sauce packages stolen from Taco Bell?

·
Registered
13 Posts
What she did is no different than aiming a loaded gun at you, aggravated assault and an attempted battery. Assholes like that are why us responsible citizens lawfully carry firearms. Staring at the business end of a 10mm would make things a little more clairvoyant for her.

·
Registered
274 Posts
marksmanesq said:
What she did is no different than aiming a loaded gun at you, aggravated assault and an attempted battery. Assholes like that are why us responsible citizens lawfully carry firearms. Staring at the business end of a 10mm would make things a little more clairvoyant for her.
Exactly. G29 with Crimson Trace laser. 180 gr. Proload hollowpoints. All day, all the time.

·
Registered
13 Posts
jgo said:
marksmanesq said:
Exactly. G29 with Crimson Trace laser. 180 gr. Proload hollowpoints. All day, all the time.
You have good taste. My only exception is that mine is a G20 loaded with silvertips. That is, of course, unless it's a day ending in "y", in which case I carry anything in the stable that strikes my fancy that morning. Variety is the spice of life, but 10mm is my favorite for a car gun caliber.

·
Registered
352 Posts
you guys with handguns in your cars are nuts. it's only going to get you into trouble when you pull that on someone. but i love guns, don't get me wrong. but it seems to be asking for trouble in your glovebox.

·
Registered
857 Posts

UnitedGrayGTi06 said:
you guys with handguns in your cars are nuts. it's only going to get you into trouble when you pull that on someone. but i love guns, don't get me wrong. but it seems to be asking for trouble in your glovebox.
I disagree, I think that it's actually smart. I live in Dallas, and the crime rate is through the roof year after year. My grandpa keeps a gun in his car and actually had to pull it out once because someone followed him home and tried to steal his Lexus. Saved his car, and scared the guy off. You never know who you're going to run in to, and I think that it's perfectly reasonable to have a sense of safety with a gun within arms reach.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I, too, have a G20 with several high caps. Love it. A G29 will fit in a Daytimer. No questions asked. It will even slide in place of the owners manual if you have t o leave it in the car. That's when you drop the Seecamp in your pocket.

·
Registered
13 Posts

10bv01 said:
UnitedGrayGTi06 said:
I disagree, I think that it's actually smart. I live in Dallas, and the crime rate is through the roof year after year. My grandpa keeps a gun in his car and actually had to pull it out once because someone followed him home and tried to steal his Lexus. Saved his car, and scared the guy off. You never know who you're going to run in to, and I think that it's perfectly reasonable to have a sense of safety with a gun within arms reach.
If you don't feel comfortable with a gun in your car then you definitely shouldn't carry. However, for those of us who are responsible, law abiding, and have trained to a reasonable degree of proficiency it is a way to save our hide and make criminals second guess about who is packing, so that even you who chooses not to carry reaps a benefit from the portion of the population that does pack and makes criminals think twice before wantonly attacking people like what happened in the original post.

I defend criminals, I work in downtown Miami (bad area), I have a clean record, I'm well versed in self-defense law, and I can shoot the balls off a fly at 25 yds with my handguns- so for me it's not even a dilemma. It's better to have it and not need it then to need it and not have it. I've been carrying for around 2 years now and have never needed to even reach for a weapon, thank God. But there have been times when I was thankful that uncomfrotable peice of metal at my side was there to comfort me. To each his own, carrying definitely isn't for everyone.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts