Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really want a 4 door, but is it bigger than the 2 door? The 4 door pics I have seen make the GTI look like a boat. What do you guys think? Maybe its the angle, but it looks like its long enough to be a wagon.

·
Registered
749 Posts
The 4-door is the same size as the 2-door. The only difference is that the front doors are a little smaller than the 2-doors, and then of course the extra 2 doors in back. It's just personal preference but I actually like how my 4-door looks better than the 2-doors. Yeah it's got 4 doors, but still looks sporty.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BlueFrogPosse said:
The 4-door is the same size as the 2-door. The only difference is that the front doors are a little smaller than the 2-doors, and then of course the extra 2 doors in back. It's just personal preference but I actually like how my 4-door looks better than the 2-doors. Yeah it's got 4 doors, but still looks sporty.
Still got plenty of room in the front?

·
Registered
749 Posts
I believe all of the interior is identical in the two styles. I'm 6'2" and fit very well in the front. I don't even keep the driver's seat all the way back like in some other sport compacts. And I love being able to put stuff in the back seat without having to squeeze past a stowed seat.

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
It's exactly the same size. but like before mentioned, the front doors are smaller... which was a big minus for me. I'm tall (6'3") and when I have the seat all the way back and I look to my left I'm staring right into the column. So... it's 2 door for me. It's not that bad letting people out of the back. All you gotta do is pull on the lever and push.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I got the four door due to my life style and it is fabulous! Much better looking then the 2 doors I think. No boat but a sleeper. You never know I'm coming until I blast past you in 4th gear going 95mph hahahaahhahahaha, i love my Gti.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts