Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A co-worker took this snap today and commented only, "how cute." :) I'm between my VW friends in the work parking lot. That's all. It's just funny cause we never park like this.

·
Registered
158 Posts
GranTurismoInjection said:
The one on the left needs to learn how to "color inside the lines"...
I park like that too. It protects you from any dings from careless people opening their doors next to you.

And is that an R32? Just looks like a MKIV GTI to me. Can't see the badge clearly enough though. Is there another way to tell?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's actually a 337. He's the one that inspired me to get the GTI. Well, actually it was his car. >:D

And yeah, I park like that too, If I get there early enough for that spot. It's on the end with a big painted out area. Ding free zone.

·
Registered
273 Posts
lol...that's a good shot. there is a guy at work who has a Black Magic GTI (imported from Germany, DSG equipped). I always wanted to get some shots with him but never got around to it.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Guy at work drives an A3. I park next to him sometimes just to make him jealous. Doesn't work though. I finally met up with him in the lot, and he had no clue that my car was the same as his, except better.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Yeah, I know why people park like that, but I was just ragging on him for messing up the picture. And whats a 337?

·
Registered
842 Posts
Guy at work drives an A3. I park next to him sometimes just to make him jealous. Doesn't work though. I finally met up with him in the lot, and he had no clue that my car was the same as his, except better.
So he bought it for the 4 rings, that is the ONLY reason you would buy an A3 over a GTI.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I think you're right. He probably wouldn't be caught dead in VW. I think it's funny when we happen to be walking out at the same time. The young, single guy gets in his stodgy A3, and I drive off on my Huffs to pick up milk and bread and head home to the wife and kids.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
GranTurismoInjection said:
Yeah, I know why people park like that, but I was just ragging on him for messing up the picture. And whats a 337?
The 337 was the 25 anniversary edition of the GTI. Lowered and strengthened suspension, Recaro seats (those seats are really nice). Limited in US like the Fahrenheit, i think 1500. It's a pretty nice GTI.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I think you're right. He probably wouldn't be caught dead in VW. I think it's funny when we happen to be walking out at the same time. The young, single guy gets in his stodgy A3, and I drive off on my Huffs to pick up milk and bread and head home to the wife and kids.
I like that. The car is so tame doing day to day stuff. Your "buddy" chose image over substance.

I am surprised when people ask me what our new car is, and I say it is a VW GTI. 80% of the time, they don't know what it is. Its a sleeper, and great value for the money. I am starting to like the fact its low profile, except when they see that black honeycomb in their mirror saying get the f**k out of the way. >:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts