Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not one to really be big on word censorship as long as it doesn't hurt others I'm pretty leanant. I have started to censor the f word and will not allow any racist terms to be used. Use a racist word and you will be banned for life. No second chances. Heard enough of that crap growning up. Not a racist and will not tolerate racism on this board. If you're into that, find a political board to voice your opinions, not here at MFG, this is a fun board. Lets keep it that way.

As for the fword, you can turn off censorship in your profile. so you can see where everyone uses the fword. If you type the fword everyone who has not turned censorship off will see fword. ::) is that fwording redundant enough for you?

FF

·
Registered
346 Posts
Like anyone who owns a GTI hasn't said "fuck" at least once.

"Oh, fuck, that thing is incredible." This car would have given Mother Theresa a mouth like a sailor.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Fast Freddie said:
As for the fword, you can turn off censorship in your profile. so you can see where everyone uses the fword. If you type the fword everyone who has not turned censorship off will see fword. ::) is that fwording redundant enough for you?

FF
I don't see the option to disable word censorship in any of my profile options. can you clarify how you DISABLE censorship?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Goto Profile -> Look and Layout Preferences, check the "Leave words uncensored" checkbox. Then fucking click the fucking Change Profile button.

·
Registered
43 Posts
i have no such option... here's what's in the Looks and Layout Preferences menu:

This section allows you to customize the look and layout of the forum.
Current Theme: Forum or Board Default (change)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Time Format:
The format here will be used to show dates throughout this forum. (Forum Default) Month Day, Year, HH:MM:SS a/pm Month Day, Year, HH:MM:SS (army time.) YYYY-MM-DD, HH:MM:SS DD Month YYYY, HH:MM:SS DD-MM-YYYY, HH:MM:SS

Time Offset:
Number of hours to +/- to make displayed time equal to your local time. (auto detect)
Current forum time: September 19, 2006, 08:46:00 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Show board descriptions inside boards.
Show child boards on every page inside boards, not just the first.
Don't show other users' avatars.
Don't show other users' signatures.
Return to topics after posting by default.
Don't warn on new replies made while posting.
Show most recent posts at the top.
Show most recent personal messages at top.
First day of the week on the calendar: Sunday Monday Saturday
Use quick reply on topic display: don't show at all show, off by default show, on by default
Show quick-moderation on message index as don't show. checkboxes. icons.

·
Registered
15 Posts
It should be listed right below "Don't show other users' signatures"
Weird. Maybe tied to your B-day? Make sure you're 18?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well I guess then You're fucked. :)
Probably need to wait for the board to stabalize after the recent troubles.
There are things that I had working before like a profile pic that I can't upload now.
FF is still working on putting it all back together. Give it time.

·
Registered
690 Posts
That's odd. I even went into your profile and changed it for you and it's still not working.

Well, that should all be taken care of when Freddie (hopefully) restores a more recent backup.

·
Registered
43 Posts
guess i'll just have to get my swears from somewhere else until it's all fixed. perhaps i'll watch pulp fiction tonight -that should satisfy me for a pretty fucking long time.

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
is this still available?

I don't wanna turn mine off.. but I was just trying to Bump this thread so those who do, well, can.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts