Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys think that at any point will VW offer a reflash to get some additional boost from the turbo? If APR and others can get to about 250 with a "reflash", couldn't VW get us to 225ish and honor the guarantee?

I know there is a limited eddition GTI with 230 based on the same engine ... so why not make nother grand on us and give us the extra oomph.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,169 Posts
neuspeed speed is meant of tuned (reflashed) the 2.0t in the new TT and that still comes under Audi warranty.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
137 Posts
i was wondering the same thing. They are taking the same car and giving 30 extra horse in Europe. Why not us, obviously the engine can handle it and they will even warranty it. I would pay a grand more for 30 extra horses. >:D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,311 Posts
lumns said:
neuspeed speed is meant of tuned (reflashed) the 2.0t in the new TT and that still comes under Audi warranty.
Do you have a source to confrm that?

AudiÂ's official output figures read 200hp (147kW) at 5,100rpm and 280Nm of torque from as low as 1,800rpm, numbers that explain the strong off the line punch the 2.0L delivers. Drive is sent to the front wheels via the brilliant six-speed dual-clutch gearbox that you may remember was offered on the previous TT. http://www.motorauthority.com/news/coupes/review-audi-tt-20-tfsi/

The new Audi TT w/ the 2.0t is the same motor specs as our MkV's (and they have DSG).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
747 Posts
lumns said:
neuspeed speed is meant of tuned (reflashed) the 2.0t in the new TT and that still comes under Audi warranty.
hmm I dont know what is true, but I which Lumns is right >:D ...then we could all chip our cars and not worry about warranty issues
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,169 Posts
yea, i was looking at the TT's new stats, and i cant find ne documentation sayin the 2.0t is 250hp. It says the 3.2v6 is 250hp though? guess i was misread or was mislead w/ the infomation that i got.

i'll look into it more...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,311 Posts
lumns said:
yea, i was looking at the TT's new stats, and i cant find ne documentation sayin the 2.0t is 250hp. It says the 3.2v6 is 250hp though? guess i was misread or was mislead w/ the infomation that i got.

i'll look into it more...
Also keep in mind the 3.2 is not a turbo, and if you wanted it to do anything spectacular- you are looking at about $4K+ in parts for a supercharger kit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,169 Posts
yea i know its n/a, i jus swear i read somewhere that the 2.0 was outputting 250 because neuspeed tuned it, but i cant find it, and all the reports say that 2.0t does 200 (like out gti) and the 3.2 is outputtin the 250
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
530 Posts
Serge said:
Do you guys think that at any point will VW offer a reflash to get some additional boost from the turbo? If APR and others can get to about 250 with a "reflash", couldn't VW get us to 225ish and honor the guarantee?

I know there is a limited eddition GTI with 230 based on the same engine ... so why not make nother grand on us and give us the extra oomph.
My guess is no factory reflash, otherwise we would have seen one by now for the 1.8 and/or the 1.9 TDI.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,169 Posts
yea its depressing. Its probably a marketing scheme....if there was a reflash then special editions wouldnt appeal to us Vdubbers and we wouldnt buy them
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
749 Posts
It's a great conspiracy that's probably been going on since Henry was in charge at Ford Motor Company. They know they can sell a certain number of cars at a higher price with better performance, and a certain number at the lower practical-version price. No big secret; everyone does it.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top