Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a injen short ram intake last night for my 09 gti. Everything went ok other than an extra hose where the stock intake started and the sensor wasnt long enough to bolt onto the intake. Does this mean its a FSI intake? Or can something be done to get my 160$ worth?? Bought it off craigslist new and took the gamble. Hopefully it wasnt a loss??

·
Super Moderator
3,120 Posts
If it is a TSI intake then it will only take away the front part of the intake where the filter is. If it was an FSI intake then it would be one long tube. Post a pic of it and we can tell you for sure what your issue is. Not sure what you mean by having an extra hose.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry i took so long work it tough right now. Ill have a picture up asap but the intake has the long tube from the turbo inlet i think? Not sure if i used the right phrase. But the opposite of the filter theres a hose connected to where the stock intake starts, and the injen intake doesnt have a hole :/

·
Super Moderator
3,120 Posts
The aftermarket intakes usually attach directly to the turbo. All the OEM intake parts should be off.

Unless you've got an intake I'm unfamiliar with.

Pics! :D
Pics would be really good. O0

1 - 8 of 8 Posts