Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't get fresh air when it rains or just rained, why are there no rain guards available!

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
I know what you mean... the rain seems to just roll in from the roof. I think it has to do with the shape of the car... it gets annoying though.

·
Premium Member
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes your right, but why dont they even make a rain guard...shit im gonna get some damn plastic and make the worlds ugliest rain guard

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
omg...i hate how the rain rolls right in. im not sure how rain guards will look though?

·
Premium Member
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That was by far the most stupid reply I have ever seen on any forum!

·
mmm...beer
2,815 Posts
hehe. to be fair, i no longer have the 2x zoom scope mounted on it. i want to get a 1911 .45 but spent all my money on the car. maybe thats a good thing...

·
Registered
11 Posts
I find that if you dont roll the windows down all the way. Like 3/4 or half you can still get fresh air and the water will stay out
I don't find this. Even if the window is open a half inch the friggin water pours in. If I had known this I wouldn't have bought the car . . . there are plenty of good fast cars in this price class and for this design defect to go unnoticed (or ignored) by VW is a travesty.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I don't find this. Even if the window is open a half inch the friggin water pours in. If I had known this I wouldn't have bought the car . . . there are plenty of good fast cars in this price class and for this design defect to go unnoticed (or ignored) by VW is a travesty.
because u can roll down the windows when it rains u wouldn't buy the car that makes no sense i have never been in a car that water don't get when its raining

·
Registered
164 Posts
:) try this site...only have them in light tint right now..
http://www.weathertech.com/
x2 im gonna order some of those soon

i dunno if anyone else has noticed but if you look at how our windows are designed they are "pushed" if you will to the outside of the door itself it's very flush to the outside of the door if your inside and the door is open/closed and look up there is like 1" gap of metal from the inner part of the door to the outside, im sure there is a reason for it to be designed like that, probably some sort of aerodynamics but go look on any other american car its the exact opposite, window is set inward with a groove on the outside

this is what i think causes all the damn water to come in the window is pushed outward on an angle.. gotta get rain guards

·
mmm...beer
2,815 Posts
those weathertech rain guards are pretty cool. i ordered a set for my mothers rabbit. they fit right in, stay in place, no need for adhesive tape or anything. look good too. not my taste, but she likes them. worth getting if you are into that sorta thing. i just keep my windows shut when it rains.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.