Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Seems to me that there's no point in talking about a Car that most us will never come across, much less race. If the Euro Spec Focus was actually in America then ,yes it would make for a tougher choice between a GTI and the SVT. But since its not, then its wasted time. We might as well be comparing it to a TVR or an Astra VXR.

Logic FTW

·
Registered
46 Posts
I had an '03 Ford Focus ZX3 hatchback as my first new car and it was a lot of fun. Mod list was CAI, ported TB, ported intake manifold, header, hi-flo cat, 2.5" Flex, 2.5" stainless exhaust, UDP, short throw shifter, and a lot of Euro exterior pieces. I wasn't as fast as even my stock MKV GTI, but it ran a 15.5 1/4 mile and the total vehicle cost was only $10500 new + $1200 in mods = $11700 total. Not bad for under $12k. The parts were cheap because some of them I bought used and all of the porting was done for free.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I test drove a Focus ST and a Opel Astra OPC before I bought the GTI and they are nowhere near the GTI. Focus is too stiff on road. It shakes like hell when driving thru potholes etc. and Astra's build quality is no where near the GTI. I had only one other car on mind before I got my GTI: RX8. I simply chose GTI because of DSG and 5 doors.

·
Registered
13 Posts
HAHHHHAHAHA you sir are a complete and total dumb retard and that is a huge understatement! yea im sure you dont even own a gti let alone a 08 maybe your daddy does but you dont u just drive your ****ty ford focus the focus has nor walked all over the gti! where are you getting your facts from imagination land? you ****ing dumbass! i dont believe you even drive a gti wheres yourp pics and dont go off and find one on the net and say ughhh here you go heres my car guys durrrr! If you had one u would have it as your avatar like me and most of the guys on here that actually own one have. God your a ****ing moron go drive you queer focus ***. Eat **** and die!
geeze. idk if its because i dont own a car yet or not but. does it really matter what he says about the gti we all know its waaayyy better then a focus.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I also owned a 2001 Focus Sedan 2.0 Ghia and while cruising it just stopped and never ran again. Ford bought it back.

·
Registered
1 Posts
HAHHHHAHAHA you sir are a complete and total dumb retard and that is a huge understatement! yea im sure you dont even own a gti let alone a 08 maybe your daddy does but you dont u just drive your ****ty ford focus the focus has nor walked all over the gti! where are you getting your facts from imagination land? you ****ing dumbass! i dont believe you even drive a gti wheres yourp pics and dont go off and find one on the net and say ughhh here you go heres my car guys durrrr! If you had one u would have it as your avatar like me and most of the guys on here that actually own one have. God your a ****ing moron go drive you queer focus ***. Eat **** and die!
I find this ironic... You sir are talking out your ass with this ****.

·
Premium Member
6,854 Posts
Eh it's bound to happen, it happens pretty much whenever someone asks about another car or compares said other car to the gti, remember the s2k thread?

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
Well, I didn't read the whole thing- TL;DR.

My two cents...

This is a Focus:

If one of you wanted to photochop an R32 or a race team would like to sponsor a friend to put a VW there in the same picture- make it happen.

In the US, we don't have the same Focus made by Ford- we get the left overs.

It's a good car.

·
Registered
312 Posts
My wife's Jetta has that too! I just noticed it the other day. But sadly, no batman-like VW shadow projected ahead of you when driving.

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
bahahahaha! My old 337 headlights shadowed a giant VW, granted you had to look at both beam patterns as a whole, and they had to align perfectly, you could see the VW...

And I do agree with Dragon, the focus is an amazing car... Just not here. The cosworths are simply stunning cars.

And I would buy the new scirocco if it came out of the dealer looking like that, spoiler, massive road race aero, and wheels.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts