Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
keep it mind its peeling off(2007, 50k miles). and that may be due to the fact i put slime in that tire/rim.

thoughts/answers?

i didnt think it was a big deal so i left it alone and put another tire on(unrelated) photo.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
...dont ask me why the picture came out upside down...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i say rim because wheel in our language is a little too vague.

it may not be a big deal, but WHY is it there??? i can only assume its on the others, even they have never seen this before.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what!? its that reddish peeling part in the pic.not meant for reading(its under the tire)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeaaa thats what im hoping...weird german thing. just worried me that theyve never seen anything like that. said it might actually cause leak on bead

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have never seen that before and I work in a tire shop. I have worked on many vw's and Audis and yours is the first I have seen that in. Although you said you used fix-a-flat spray in the tire and sometimes it does that. When it separates from the aerosol it creates a bond with the wheel and forms that brownish coating.

P.s. For anyone who uses it, fix-a-flat and any spray that says it'll stop a tire from leaking is wrong. It doesn't work, it actually causes more internal damage to the tire which will cause failure of the tire faster. So if you use the spray, you should replace the tire for your own safety.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
DANG....thanks for the info... guess maybe it was the slime i put in it... yea i didnt know either so i finally went to get the tire "fixed" and they said here its illegal because its flamable etc. so i had to swap the tire anyway...

buuut i went from hankooks v4 to v12 evo...muuuuch better

1 - 11 of 11 Posts