My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To those who own or future owners of the Fahrenheit edition...

First off: It's your GTI- orange or not: it's a helluva fun car!

A Fahrenheit owner on another forum was saying that he had people hailing him thinking like his Fahrenheit was a Taxi...

I was tempted by the Fahrenheit and if it was available in the GLI yellow; I would have done it :). However, one thing that I wanted is "stealth" capability (no big wings/no fancy hood/ it looks like a Rabbit at a 100yds type stealth). The goal for me is to avoid tickets.

The other thing, that Orange reminds me of CALtrans (the highway maintenance folks) Orange:

So why didn't you get one?

this thread is meant to be fun- not bash on anyone...

·
Mod!
3,420 Posts
Too orange. But it's the perfect orange! Orange is my favorite color and I love the black spoiler and the cool rims. But my previous car was a YELLOW 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer OZ Rally... I was tired of everyone recognizing me from far away. Granted, Tornado Red isn't exactly "stealthy", but it beats yellow or bright orange.

Reminds me or the Longhorns. :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
FastAddict said:
1.) I'd get sick of the color (it is a nice color...just not me...looks a little bit ricey)
2.) No manual
No manual. you mean they only have DSG, sucks, personally rather have six speed.

I think the color would look a lot better if it had a metallic look, then you add the black rims, i think it would look pretty sharp, but definately not stealthy. LOL

·
Registered
220 Posts
one reason, no manuals. thats so lame. have you all heard that the new R32's won't have a manual option? one of the dealers I was at told me that. once again...would you buy an M3 auto? ferrari auto?

no...sports cars = manual cars

·
Registered
274 Posts
mygreyfast88 said:
one reason, no manuals. thats so lame. have you all heard that the new R32's won't have a manual option? one of the dealers I was at told me that. once again...would you buy an M3 auto? ferrari auto?

Long standing definitions of sports cars all refer to 2 door, 2 seat, rear wheel drive automobiles with precise handling characteristics. The GTI does not qualify as a 'Sports Car".

From Wikipedia: A car may be a sporting automobile without being a sports car. Performance modifications of regular, production cars, such as sport compacts, sports sedans, muscle cars, hot hatches and the like, generally are not sports cars, yet share traits common to sports cars. Often, performance cars of all configurations are grouped as Sports and GT cars, or, occasionally, as performance cars

·
Registered
220 Posts
jgo said:
mygreyfast88 said:

Long standing definitions of sports cars all refer to 2 door, 2 seat, rear wheel drive automobiles with precise handling characteristics. The GTI does not qualify as a 'Sports Car".

From Wikipedia: A car may be a sporting automobile without being a sports car. Performance modifications of regular, production cars, such as sport compacts, sports sedans, muscle cars, hot hatches and the like, generally are not sports cars, yet share traits common to sports cars. Often, performance cars of all configurations are grouped as Sports and GT cars, or, occasionally, as performance cars
weeeelllll.....ok???

so a sporting automobile and sports car.....automobile=car...get what im saying. i hear ya on the wikipediea, but my turbo/manual/coupe is a sports car to me.
and in your definition it states "Often, performance cars of all configurations are grouped as Sports and GT cars, or, occasionally, as performance cars"

that makes me think my performance car that was configured (lol) will often be grouped in the sports category

wikipedia is just an opinion anyways

·
Registered
274 Posts
Hey, I hear ya and agree. I have been around a long time. Back in the 60's when there was competition between car companies over what was and what wasn't, the car publications (Car and Driver, Road and Track, etc) came up with the criteria. Sports cars had 2 seats, 2 doors and rear wheel drive. GT cars could seat four and carry lugage for four for 2 days and had to be able to sustain a cruising speed of over 100 mph. Everything else was just your father's Oldsmobile.

The Rx-7 was a sports car. The Rx-8 is not. Bullshit? Yes, but it kept Corvette owners happy. Hell, I'm from Texas where trucks are considered sports cars.

·
Registered
29 Posts
mygreyfast88 said:

The only option for the Enzo is auto. More than 90% of new Ferraris have auto. The Veyron has an auto.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lmunz22 said:
mygreyfast88 said:

The only option for the Enzo is auto. More than 90% of new Ferraris have auto. The Veyron has an auto.
I heard a rumor that Ferrari is trying to buy the rights from VW or B/W to use on their cars...

There would be a heck of a leap of DSG technology. Anyone know what the Veyron uses sinces it's in the VW family?

·
Registered
220 Posts
lmunz22 said:
mygreyfast88 said:

...and? asked if you would buy a automatic ferrari? I hope not. even if they never made another manual and I really wanted one I wouldn't buy it.

·
Registered
342 Posts
f1 cars have a semiauto as do wrc cars. i know if it is good enough for them it is good enough for me.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I didn't buy a Fahrenheit for 4 reasons in order of importance:

1. There are a bunch of options I don't want.
2. I don't see the value.
3. I don't like the orange in the interior.
4. I truly feel like it will get stolen. :'(

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
see if the fahrenheit was nething like the 2004 GTI's and GLI anniversary editions i would probably buy one..but unfortunately its not.

The '04 GLI was soo sexy the rims, the colors the body kit....looked so hot the fahrenheit i think looks worse than the regular GTI. Especially if u get the matching color caps for your rims.

·
Registered
220 Posts
i just strolled by my dealer yesterday and say the new farenheit gli

like it?

i didn't. i think it looks like ugly mustard. the only thing on the farenheits that i want, is the wheels. now those, are hot

1 - 20 of 20 Posts