Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im gona buy a new car in a little bit and im thinking of two cars

VW GTI turbocharged 2.0 L engine with no options
200HP, 207 Torque
DSG tranny

OR

Nissan Altima Coupe ( i know its not ou just yet but its gona be out on the may 25)
no options
V-6 3.5 L engine
270HP, 250 Torque
CVT tranny

there around the same price

please i want real opinions

Thank You

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
fastgtiboii said:

200HP, 207 Torque
DSG tranny

OR

Nissan Altima Coupe ( i know its not ou just yet but its gona be out on the may 25)
no options
V-6 3.5 L engine
270HP, 250 Torque
CVT tranny

Thank You
Nissan makes a great car (I've owned an Altima, Pathfinder and an Xterra).

But the Altima is no where near the GTI in terms of fun factor...

Drive both (when the other one comes out) and decide.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
"The Altima Coupe will be staring down the Honda Accord Coupe and Toyota Solara Coupe in the marketplace, as well as perhaps the Pontiac G6 Coupe and Chevy Monte Carlo."

Different classes of cars are difficult to compare fairly, beyond that I doubt you will get 100% objective opinions from GTI owners as we are a bit biased.

They are calling the coupe: "the poor mans G35" but based off of what I read, I heartily disagree. (No offense intended)

·
Registered
842 Posts
The Altima looks like and electric shaver, it also looks kind of fat and bloated. With the size of those wheel wells, you will need at least 19" rims to make it look good - those stock rims are way too small. You must have a list of requirements - which car fits you better?

*function
*value
*performance
*design / culture
*quality / reliability
*warranty
*fuel economy

You won't get an unbiased opinion here, to me there is no comparison.

This looks like it needs to fart:

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
I love Altimas... but it's no GTI. I'm trying to be as unbiased as possible. One thing to consider is how much is that extra 70 horsepower going to feel? Is the Altima heavier? longer? It just won't feel the same. And I'm sure that the turbo feels a bit better.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Like was said before, drive both cars. You'll know exactly which one you want as soon as you drive them both. Make sure to adjust the seats and mirrors exactly like you would have them so that you're comfortable in both cars.

Try the Altima first, and then head straight to the VW dealership. I think you'll be very impressed with the latter.

·
Registered
274 Posts
fastgtiboii said:

200HP, 207 Torque
DSG tranny

OR

no options
V-6 3.5 L engine
270HP, 250 Torque
CVT tranny

Thank You
I need a drink.

·
Registered
137 Posts
does the 70 extra hp of the altima make it to the wheels? is it faster or slower? you would save gas with the GTI and look cooler in it. the altima looks more kinda like a family car to me..i dont know, id go with the GTI. id even drive a rabbit before the altima just looks wize.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Insert Quote
does the 70 extra hp of the altima make it to the wheels? is it faster or slower? you would save gas with the GTI and look cooler in it. the altima looks more kinda like a family car to me..i dont know, id go with the GTI. id even drive a rabbit before the altima just looks wize.

well i heard that the coupe does 0-60 in 6.4 seconds and i have to go witht he four door gti if i get it because the 2 door is just too small and uncomfortable. I have two sisters that i have to drive around.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i think im gona go with the gti, because this is my first car i dont want to spend over 25 and the nissan dealership was rude. and the gti has alot more after market products out there

·
Registered
137 Posts
hey that is cool if u want 4 doors. but the 4 door GTI is not bigger than the two door GTI. they are the same size, you just have 4 small doors instead of 2 long ones. the back seat is the same size.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
GTI guy said:
hey that is cool if u want 4 doors. but the 4 door GTI is not bigger than the two door GTI. they are the same size, you just have 4 small doors instead of 2 long ones. the back seat is the same size.
and it's (5door) a few pounds heavier...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yeah man i wish my dad says yes to the gti, but i cant let him test drive cause he doesnt want me to get in a wreck >:D, cause the first day i got my permit i drove and i floored a V-8 suv and slashed the tire on this stupid thing that was sticking out toward the middle of the street. took like two hrs to change the tire too and cost like 600 dollars !!:eek:

·
Registered
26 Posts
fastgtiboii said:
yeah man i wish my dad says yes to the gti, but i cant let him test drive cause he doesnt want me to get in a wreck >:D, cause the first day i got my permit i drove and i floored a V-8 suv and slashed the tire on this stupid thing that was sticking out toward the middle of the street. took like two hrs to change the tire too and cost like 600 dollars !!:eek:
$600?!?!?!? What you got on that thing? Thats rediculous for A tire......

·
Registered
137 Posts
Dragon said:
GTI guy said:
and it's (5door) a few pounds heavier...
yea i was gunna get the (5 door) thinking it would be bigger cause i have dogs. but when i read it was heavier and the same size, i went with the (3 door)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts