Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can't decide on my color.........I have a silver golf now so I am looking for a change...........red, maybe united gray.......let me know your thoughts

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
I think that the two colors you're leaning towards are the best as far as "staying cleaner". I have tornado red and the only part that gets really dirty is the back, where the hatch is at.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
uncle dude said:
can't decide on my color.........I have a silver golf now so I am looking for a change...........red, maybe united gray.......let me know your thoughts
My previous vehicle was white... it stayed very clean... this time of year the UG is a pollen magnet :'(

I shouldda got a white fast.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dragon said:
uncle dude said:
My previous vehicle was white... it stayed very clean... this time of year the UG is a pollen magnet :'(

I always thought white was the worst for showing dirt, the salesmen told me it was the best because it just kind of goes gray with the road dirt..........I am in Vancouver and we get a lot of rain. I like the red but worry it will fade, and I like the UG as well. So the UG is letting you down?

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
I won't say the UG is letting me down- I do love the color, but white would be a hell of a lot easier to maintain.

I find myself dusting the car off daily when I warm it up in the AM.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
How is silver not the clear winner? There is absolutely no question whatsoever that silver shows the least dirt. I used to have a silver car and from 10+feet away it always looked clean and perfect, hard to see scratches, dents, etc.

Now I have BM, but it's pretty decent. I imagine a gloss black would be a lot worse. BM can take a bit of dirt before it actually looks dirty.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
I say white, followed by silver, then gray as far as what "appears" clean the longest.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I think white and silver are the easiest to keep clean. UG doesn't hold dirt too bad. Plus the red accents on the GTI look sweet as hell w/ that dark gray!

·
Registered
263 Posts
silver is the best for not showing dirt, my friends car looks like it was just washed when i saw it today, but as i got to the car door, a little bit of dirt shown. black is the worst, because, well, i got black and im washing the car every sunday but it still constantly looks dirty.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
jgo said:
Silver is the easiest of all colors to keep clean. That is why I am on my seventh silver ride.
I think you are right. We have had several silver cars as well, but quite frankly are tired of VW silver. I wish more people would vote - only 12 out of 102 hits.............

·
Registered
285 Posts
most dirt camouflages with a silver car..... so a silver car is the best too maintain........but the bm is the color that turns heads the most with cw coming behind it for a close 2nd.....

·
Registered
143 Posts
idk, the red ones are pretty hot too...

i just love the front gti emblem....it makes me happy when i see one in the rear-view

·
Registered
94 Posts
Dragon said:
uncle dude said:

So, would you like to start a GTI sharing program? I take yours, you take mine. ;D :p Its that whole grass is always greener on the other side thing.

My CW fast stays clean 'looking' longer than my other gray and red cars I have had, which came as a surprise. Maybe I'm just biased now for loving my car no matter what, but it does seem cleaner from a distance even when it is dirty.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
mistyz23 said:
Dragon said:
uncle dude said:

So, would you like to start a GTI sharing program? I take yours, you take mine. ;D :p Its that whole grass is always greener on the other side thing.

My CW fast stays clean 'looking' longer than my other gray and red cars I have had, which came as a surprise. Maybe I'm just biased now for loving my car no matter what, but it does seem cleaner from a distance even when it is dirty.
this has become a black magic love fest.......................I am leaning towards candy white, I had a black car once and I swore never again

1 - 20 of 23 Posts