Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was originally considering doing an A-Pillar gauge pod, until I realized that you can't because of the curtain A-Pillars. So, the only other mounting solution I really like is the O-Pod by OSIR.

http://homepage.mac.com/risowu/OSIR/TT_HEADLIGHT_HOME.html

Problem is, that limits me to two gauges. I know I will be doing a boost gauge for sure. Also, I'm planning on chipping. With the concerns I've read of chips running the engine lean, I also wanted to get an Air/Fuel ratio gauge. What are your opinions on this? What gauges do you think are the most important AND WHY, and has anyone found any other really cool mounting solutions? I'm not a fan of the vent mount...

·
Registered
143 Posts
Dude, that's actually really hot, I'd like to get one myself

Faze gauges :) Color change would really add some cool ambience to your dash

Get a Turbo Boost Gauge for sure, and Air/Fuel
these are things you use ALL the time...unlike voltmeters, unless you have a sound system

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any more ideas on mounting solutions? The O-Pod limits you to two additional gauges, so I'm kinda curious to see what everyone else out there is doing with their after-market gauge mountings...

·
Registered
34 Posts
I really think the O-sir pod looks wicked, but does limit you to 2 gauges, i noticed you mentioned the 2 types of gauges you would use boost and a/f, but how bout oil pressure? I like the O-sir set-up, boost is definate, but debating a/f or oil pressure. which do you think is less important? i plan to mod my fast. comments.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts