My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I am getting a new GTI this month and i am not sure what color i should chose. I am partial to Red and Black but i am open to suggestions. My girlfriend votes red but they say that "my fast doesnt get along with my girlfriend" so she doesnt matter.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
I already ordered one in black, but the grey looks really nice. I plan on getting it refinished a couple years down the road anyway.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've got a black one. Much of the GTI advertisment in the UK uses reds ones so I think that is the most popular colour here. The problem you've got is they look good in any of the available colours because the front grill and all the other little extra touches that make it a GTI make the car stand out and look awesome. I don't know if this helps but the way I would look at it is... Red, White & possibly Silver GTI's stand out a bit more because the red/black front grill contrast more - you can spot them in the distance and there's no mistaking they're GTI's. The black ones are little more understated because they're darker you have to get a little closer to spot that awsome front grill.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I don't like black that much because it's hard to see the shape of the car with that dark color. Red is good, too, but we didn't want another red car...so we got the united gray

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
The grey perhaps shows the most contrast between grey-black-red, that's why I like it. I'm sticking with black though, it's cooler.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I broke down and couldnt wait for my GTI any longer. I put a deposit on a Red one with 27 miles off of a showroom floor. I pick it up next week. Package 1, 18", and DSG. PERFECTION

·
Registered
1 Posts
am looking around for a new GTI. wanting to get it black bcz i dont like the gray. but i like the way white looks w/ black wheels. ya i agree this poll is cool. interesting to hear what everyone else thinks.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
considering almost every other GTI i see is black... i would ge the united grey. i got the reflexive silver one and thought the black looked best... but after seeing everyone and their mother with it in black i think united grey is the best color :).
PS: car gets fixed tomorrow :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the tornado red and love it, although I was in the dealership today and saw the black magic. It is really sweet; has a 'speckled' finish and is not flat black..... very sharp!! Oh yeah..... the red ones are the FASTest!!

·
Registered
346 Posts
blackgti06 said:
I have black and i cant keep it clean know matter how many times i was it.
I feel your pain, brother. For the life of me, I can't seem to keep dust and water spots off it. I don't know if detailing the car and waxing will help with the beading of water or something, but I'm giving it a try this weekend. Still glad I got black though. No question.

·
Registered
300 Posts
dean said:
blackgti06 said:
I feel your pain, brother. For the life of me, I can't seem to keep dust and water spots off it. I don't know if detailing the car and waxing will help with the beading of water or something, but I'm giving it a try this weekend. Still glad I got black though. No question.
Yeah, black here too. When I picked it up, I was pleasantly surprised by the metallic finish as mentioned earlier by jaredgti, it's really nice. But the first time I saw UG I thought, wow that looks _really_ good on the GTI. And it would probably still look clean for more than 2 min. after I washed it...

·
Registered
91 Posts
deviltailedfast said:
dean said:
blackgti06 said:
Yeah, black here too. When I picked it up, I was pleasantly surprised by the metallic finish as mentioned earlier by jaredgti, it's really nice. But the first time I saw UG I thought, wow that looks _really_ good on the GTI. And it would probably still look clean for more than 2 min. after I washed it...
I LOVE my UG GTI

·
Registered
19 Posts
I never thought I'd get a white car... Always had black... Black is nice... but it's a pain to keep clean...
White is a nice change... and really stands out I think...

1 - 20 of 115 Posts