Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i was thinking that I wanted to get a beater/backup/snow car for when I need it. I was thinking an old corolla or sentra or something...and then it hit me to look for a Mk1 GTI.

I looked on ebay, and craigslist, and ive done some google searches, but i couldnt find any GTI's older than like 1994 that were within an acceptable distance.

Does anyone have any advice or know of anywhere i could go to find a Mk1 in running condition?

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
that's going to be a tough one. especially one that is in good running condition.

the only Mk1's i've come across are really old and no engine or somethings missing... or they're not a GTI but just a Rabbit.

so... it's going to be hard. It's like finding a good classic car in running condition that doesn't cost a fortune cause it's been restored.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I guess i was lucky, I got two from the same place. And both with little rust for being Iowa cars. Origanally the white one was going to be our local forums build car. But due to lack of money and lack of agreement on what to do i ended up with it. The red one was the parts car for the white one. but now is my sons........Why steal parts from a real GTI in good shape right????
Well i would say the 4 sale thread on the tex would be a good place to start

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zeroforum?id=807
or mk1love, but the site is down as of right now.

http://www.mk1love.com/forums/

Here are our GTI's The red one is my 11 year olds project.
DM Magazine has asked if they can follow his build , beings how it is going to be extensive. The white one is mine .....i have some big plans for it but we will see how it all plays out.

The boys working on the white one

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.