Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a set of 18x8.5 rotiform nue wheels. after a month of "they'll ship in 2 weeks" the rotiform guy told me its gonna be at least 6 weeks. im not pleased w rotiform and kinda wanna cancel my order. i really like the look of the neuspeed rse05 (basically volk te37 reps) but they only come in 17x8. i plan on ordering 45 section tires. how will the 17 inch wheel look with h&r sport springs? i cant seem to find any pictures of sport springs and 17s. does anyone have this setup? if so pics would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

·
Registered
79 Posts
I ordered a set of 18x8.5 rotiform nue wheels. after a month of "they'll ship in 2 weeks" the rotiform guy told me its gonna be at least 6 weeks. im not pleased w rotiform and kinda wanna cancel my order. i really like the look of the neuspeed rse05 (basically volk te37 reps) but they only come in 17x8. i plan on ordering 45 section tires. how will the 17 inch wheel look with h&r sport springs? i cant seem to find any pictures of sport springs and 17s. does anyone have this setup? if so pics would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
Bigger sidewalls, smaller wheels?

1 word... UGLY!

18's are the way to go if you don't have the stocks. Get 18's!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Listen to this guy! Even 17's with stock sized tires look too small for the car. You would regret getting aftermarket 17's.

·
That's how I Röhrl
3,110 Posts
Not ugly imo, but 18's definitely look better, they're also all season, which look worse with the chunky tread. This is sitting on H&R super sports. The wheel gap looks a little bigger than it is, as the photo is taken about 8" off the ground. It's probably a finger.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im thinkin i should get 18s. i really like the volk te37 look. is there anything thats affordable, good quality, and 18" that looks like that? im strugglin to find good te37 alternatives

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

this is the look im goin for. these are the 17" neuspeeds. how low would i have to go to look like this?

·
Registered
154 Posts

this is the look im goin for. these are the 17" neuspeeds. how low would i have to go to look like this?
This is beautiful and the fitment is pretty nice. Not to mention ride quality, handling and acceleration are better with a 17" tire.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is beautiful and the fitment is pretty nice. Not to mention ride quality, handling and acceleration are better with a 17" tire.
just ordered these wheels with the same size tires and H&R super sports.... hopefully it'll end up lookin like this.

·
is Afraid of the Dyno
3,504 Posts
just ordered these wheels with the same size tires and H&R super sports.... hopefully it'll end up lookin like this.
If the SS springs are the same drop as the MKV SS springs, your rear will be almost tucked and your front just slightly higher. a good drop
17s are a good middle of the road size, as they are good for tracking and less mass. Aesthetically they look not as good, but I'd take the drive ability over aesthetics any day

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If the SS springs are the same drop as the MKV SS springs, your rear will be almost tucked and your front just slightly higher. a good drop
17s are a good middle of the road size, as they are good for tracking and less mass. Aesthetically they look not as good, but I'd take the drive ability over aesthetics any day
the ss springs are 1.4" front and 1.5" rear, which is I believe is the same as the mkv ss springs. all of the parts should arrive by friday and I'm gonna try to get the stuff installed either saturday or monday. ill put up some pics once its all on the car

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.