Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I need a little information and assistance in understanding all this rim and tire terminology. I am wanting to get a whole new wheel setup when I need new tires. I've been looking at some 18x8.5 and also 18x8.75 rims. I have no idea what this translates to for tires. I am also installing a coilover kit so there may be some rubbing issues? (hopefully not) I've been considering 19s in the same width as well. Any info, advice, or past experiences will help tremendously.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the chart. I am now confused about offsets. What is the difference between a 35 and 45 offset and how does that come into play with being lowered, etc? Specifically I'm looking at some Rotiform BLQs. I've seen a mk6 with 19s but not sure what the other measurements are and how they work with coilovers.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Thanks for the chart. I am now confused about offsets. What is the difference between a 35 and 45 offset and how does that come into play with being lowered, etc? Specifically I'm looking at some Rotiform BLQs. I've seen a mk6 with 19s but not sure what the other measurements are and how they work with coilovers.
I have posted this vid before. It helped me understand offsets. Probably doesn't answer all of your questions. $exy wheel choice btw.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have posted this vid before. It helped me understand offsets. Probably doesn't answer all of your questions. $exy wheel choice btw.
Good video, thanks for posting. I guess I need to do some research on what the stock specs are and what my parameters are for going bigger and/or wider.

Keep the info coming! :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alright I think I've got it figured out. I'd like a pair of BLQs but they are a lil pricey plus I don't want the mess that 6speed is having in the other thread. So, I think I have decided on some TSW Tremblant 18x8 et45 in matte black. Really dig the Y style that I first fell in love with on BBS and the little lip they have. Now its time to start saving and hopefully will get my hands on those before summer. In the meantime I may plasti-dip my detroits just for shiggles. Here's a link to the TSW just to hear you all's .02 :)
http://www.tsw.com/alloy-wheels-configurator/ http://www.tsw.com/alloy_wheels_tremblant.php

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.