Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just looking for a few good opinions.
wheel adapters or camber kit?

im going for more of a "rally car" look.
coilovers, mudflaps, rally tags, etc..

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Wheel adapters....are for converting a wheel with a different PCD (bolt pattern) to your car's PCD. These are often confused with spacers, which simply lower the offsets of your wheels, causing them to 'poke' out more.

A camber kit, in the method you seem to be describing it, would be used to gain clearance for aggressive wheel setups.

This thread would be much more productive if you just told us the wheels you were running and the suspension you have. We'll take all the guessing work out of what you'll need to achieve the 'rally car' look.

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
just looking for a few good opinions.
wheel adapters or camber kit?

im going for more of a "rally car" look.
coilovers, mudflaps, rally tags, etc..
just buy a rally car.......

also camber kits on mk4 dont work.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i just got the car around halloween. all stock suspension with the 20th anninversary wheels on it. and i guess i did have the wheel adapters confused with the spacers. but im looking at coil overs when it gets warm out again.

spacers would give it more of that "drag radial" look for example, right?

i think i had the spacers and adapters confused because looking at it, i didnt see how you can put a spacer on and still lock the wheel down tightly.

this is kind of a dumb thread sorry guys.
thanks for the help though

·
Registered
41 Posts
ive been interested in some spacers also... i found some 12mm spacers for 45 bucks or so on ebay. would i need extended lugs?

·
I'm Watching You
15,550 Posts
yes

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.