Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm fairly new to my 2007 GTI Fahrenheit, and I'm looking for some recommendations on some mods. So far I have installed coil overs, and a Cold Air Intake. What would you recommend as the next step to take. I've thought about an intercooler, and I've also been thinking about installing some new sway bars, but what do you think I should do next?

·
That's how I Röhrl
3,119 Posts
very good point. It's important to have diagnostic as well as proper maintenance in place.

Things to also consider: oil catch can, check your cam follower (replace if necessary), clean you valves (sea foam). I'd encourage you to search around this forum more, there's tonnes of good info and everything you can think of asking has been asked and was answered :)

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
For mods...address the Golf's weak spots.
understeer and roll = rear ARB
wheel hop = WALK(whiteline anti lift kit) and lower trans mount and insert(but better to do all 3 mounts)
PCV failure = catch can...or stage 1 block off
low power = tune

All other mods...address them as needed.
You do not need an intercooler upgrade while running the K03.
Same goes for the DV, WG actuator, fueling, and boost plumbing.

Valve Cover failure(due to pcv duct failure that is inside the v-cover) is becoming familiar to some, so you need to expect to replace it in the future with an OE or billet one. Always have a new cam follower on hand and learn to check the follower. If you have a version A intake cam, the follower could fail before making 40k miles. If not, it may fail between 40k and 100k miles, so I would keep checking it every 10k miles after 40k have been reached. If you know that you have a version B cam, I would just replace the follower sometime before 80k miles.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
what are you looking to get out of your car? speed? handling? noise?

ROH posted some great info which pretty much covers every aspect of modding you should do next unless you want a showcar. then its bags and wheels and you're done.

check out the MKV stickies for a list of all possible mods

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.