Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up guys, its been nearly 2 years and i finally bought another gti...

I got a 337 with 110k for 6k so i think i did pretty good imo. Everything is pretty clean, the owner said it was stock for as long as he had it, and he was the 2nd owner. This last weekend, i put in a mechanical boost gauge just messing around, and im getting 18lbs peak and then settling down to 15lbs. My last mkiv was a 2002 and i was only getting like 8lbs, and when i got it flashed by neuspeed, i was only getting like 14lbs peak... so the obvious reason for my 18lbs now is that the car has been tuned in its past..... or maybe my old 2002 was not a 2002.5, so it was getting 8lbs normally?

I installed the gauge the exact same way i put in the old one, and ive installed 3 others on friends cars and always got the same result.... so what do you think is going on??

I dont really mind that its been tuned before, because i was going to tune it eventually, but my question is: is 18lbs okay???? i feel like its a little high for being stock... I know i should upgrade the DV some time soon, but other than that, should i worry about anything else?

thanks bro's.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
That seems like stage 1 tune. Perhaps the previous owner behind him tuned it, or cranked the waste gate.

POST PICTURES!

·
I'm Watching You
15,550 Posts
i kinda sorta remember you

think your the only one with a Neuspeed tune

cause they where down the road from you

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha yeah, theyre like 15 minutes from my house. and i will post pictures as soon as i can figure out how to... it always says "invalid file"

·
I'm Watching You
15,550 Posts
welcome back

1 - 6 of 6 Posts