Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, just recently found my fast!!! beats the hell out of the bugs i drove years and years ago. i was wondering if anyone knows of some engine mods that i might be able to do without voiding my waranty. my service manager says its ok but i don't want to buy the parts from the dealer. i would like to buy them directly and avoid some of the mark up. thanks

michael:)

·
mmm...beer
2,815 Posts
welcome.

if you do mods, you will only void the warranty on the part you are replacing. replace intake, vw will not cover the aftermarket one you put in if it broke(the intake, say, cracked). now if you replace a camshaft, and it blows up the engine, and they can prove that the mod caused it, that would void your warranty.

if you do some searching, you will find all this out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks!! looking to just get a little more power and a meaner look. thinking about springs, hi flo turbo discharge, high flow intercooler pipe, and maybe the pulley kit. that should be all i need. like the exhaust just how it is.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I might be retarded for saying this. Put after-market on and have fun. Then when something screws up, Put on the oem parts and drive it over to the dealer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts