Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my GTI for about 2 weeks now, and I would really like to add some mods to it. Does anybody have any suggestion of what to do to modify my 06 GTI with a budget of around $1000? In terms of preformance

Thanks guys

·
Registered
573 Posts
You need to spend some time reading the chip forum. make sure to keep the stock program, and get a remote. Before wheeling into the dealer, change back to stock.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
honestly i brought mine to the dealership to get the 5k service and they didnt ask me anything about a chip. i actually talked to a dealer inside later and he said that sometimes they will ask you to sign a paper asking if they can re-flash yer ECU but if you have a chip you are allowed to say no... so really yer warranty is voided if they suspect a chip or they are pretty sure you have one. the only way it will void it is if something breaks because of it (like the turbo).

·
Registered
137 Posts
...and if the turbo (or anything else) breaks, couldn't you just set the ECU back to stock and then they'll never know? (i'm also thinking about a chip in the near future.)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts