Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

· Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into adding more features to the site. If you have any suggestions we're all ears.

Some of the features we are already planning on is a rating system for submitted images. How to section for Mods to the GTI. FAQ on the GTI, new smilies and a more enhanced and organized video section.

· Registered
300 Posts
blackgti06 said:
I would like to see websites to buy parts for our gti's also. Maybe you can keep us updated on new MKV parts that come out to the market.
Agreed! I found the site in the first place trying to find some upgrades. I have found quite a few interesting upgrades from walking through the forums, but I bet you could get some site supporting $$ from links into GTI specific mods!

· Registered
148 Posts
Well, usually, on other car forums I've been on, the manufacturer will give us a price cut on a certain item if a set number of people were to buy them.

For example, if 150 people are willing to buy a chip for the GTI, they'll lower the price by $30 for each of us because we're buying in bulk.

· Registered
346 Posts
Instead of trying to deal with the manufacturer, why not try to strike a deal with a retailer, so members get a set percentage discount on all auto-related parts?

FF lets a reputable online retailer advertise for free on the site. Membership dues for the site are 10$, one time only, to help defray the cost of running the site and for allowing the advertiser to use the site. There is a special forum for members only with a coupon code or a link of some sort (my wheels are starting to come off here - someone help me out). We would have to establish some sort of verification system tied to our memberships, but I know that can be done. People do it all the time on file-sharing sites.

Is this too pie-in-the-sky? I'm sure there are holes in there somewhere...

· Registered
346 Posts
That's the other way to go. Pick one type of mod (e.g. a chip), and work a volume deal with a retailer or manufacturer without any advertising commitment. That would limit the volume, however, only to those who want a chip. What if people want springs, or body kits, or whatever? Wouldn't it make more sense to strike a deal with a broad-spectrum dealer?

· Registered
148 Posts
dean said:
That's the other way to go. Pick one type of mod (e.g. a chip), and work a volume deal with a retailer or manufacturer without any advertising commitment. That would limit the volume, however, only to those who want a chip. What if people want springs, or body kits, or whatever? Wouldn't it make more sense to strike a deal with a broad-spectrum dealer?
Then start another group buy. Or make a deal with a company. Both ideas work, I agree with you. It would be cool to have a 10% off sort of deal with a business that sponsors this site. I think we have some growing to do first, however. Just give it time :D

But when there is something with obvious high demand (chip, springs), a group buy is a good idea.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.