Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right now i'm sitting at my house on a sunday afternoon searching for any reason in the world to go drive my car.[drive] this is a daily occurance and i may have a problem but quite honestly... i'm lovin it lol

is it just me or does this happen to everyone?

·
Registered
763 Posts
For three weeks in a row, every morning at 9am i wake up, shower, drink a coffee, and take my Fast to the near-by country roads for at least an hour. Every day. Quite possibly the sinlge best way to prepare for a long days of studying. So no, you dont have a problem - its called passion. Dont even look for a reson, just go and drive around.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For three weeks in a row, every morning at 9am i wake up, shower, drink a coffee, and take my Fast to the near-by country roads for at least an hour. Every day. Quite possibly the sinlge best way to prepare for a long days of studying. So no, you dont have a problem - its called passion. Dont even look for a reson, just go and drive around.
hell yeah that's exactly what i wanted to hear!
driving other cars just is not fun for me any more... actually.. it's terrible!

i'll be back later :)

·
Use Google Search!!!!
8,222 Posts
That is what the GTI is all about. A car that you wanna drive, its comfortable, fun, and pretty quick with a little modding. I have a blast with mine everytime I drive it

·
I'm Watching You
15,550 Posts
That is what the GTI is all about. A car that you wanna drive, its comfortable, fun, and pretty quick with a little modding. I have a blast with mine everytime I drive it
obviously not low enough if its comfortable lol

i love driving for no reason but $$$ is tight and 93 is expensive lol

i still put at least 700 mile a week tho on my mk3

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm glad someone made a post about this.

I do the same thing. I'll be looking out the window, and I see the sparkle in my fasts' eye, I drop what I'm doing, jump in the car, and take a couple rips up and down the country roads. I love it

·
Dub 2.0
924 Posts
You think you want to drive it now....? :)

Wait till you mod the little beast! I now take the long way to and from work.... Drive the long way when running errands. Drive to the furthest legit carwash I know of.

Even last night, while the Mrs. and I were driving to go out to eat, I kept shooting down her restaurant suggestions to simply continue driving. I drove an extra 30 minutes before we finally stopped to eat.

I say both good morning and good night to my fast.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
I have a tendency to do this when I'm bored too. Have gone on a couple of random trips since getting the MkVI. Expensive though, I can't do it every weekend.

Back when I lived in Massachusetts I got bored on a Saturday and drove to within 50 miles of the Canadian border and then back. Sigh, gas was cheap then (filled up with 93 for $20). Just love those windy New Hampshire/Vermont side roads!

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
im gonna go as soon as i get out of work... **** my job, i think i just might not go home tonight, drive till im tired, and cuddle up leather back seat of my car.... id rather be homless with a GTI than rich without one

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
k, i havent tried 93 yet and by the sound of it i really should.
yeah 93 is where it's at but shell is the only place around me that has it.
dumb speedway sells 92 for the same price as the 93 at shell and it pisses me off!

and i cant wait to mod it! but for now.. i absolutely love it even though it is stock. my friend drives a 2006 acura rsx type-s and he has done quite a bit of modding but when i asked him if he will buy another acura for his next car his response was hell no. where as me i think the gti (as long as they keep making it) will be the car for me [gti]

·
Registered
763 Posts
Interesting to see someone bash their own vehicle... for instance im very well aware of certain flaws with the GTi (i never said this, dont quote me on it, and its a fragment of your imagination) but that just gives it character in my opinion and in no way, shape or form would deter me from buying another GTi in the future. I would also never say anything like this anywhere else but here.
Speaking of RSX S-Type... that car is a money drain the size of a diamond pipe.
Yeah in Ontario there are several gas stations that carry 93 but with a hefty price tag. Im sure my $60 fill-up will seem insignificant once i swipe that visa for some 93 fun.

·
Dub 2.0
924 Posts
Honestly, its hard to truely have a bad day when your fast is in full working order....

;D

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Honestly, its hard to truely have a bad day when your fast is in full working order....

;D
very true. no matter how bad it's going you can always still look forward to driving :)

·
Use Google Search!!!!
8,222 Posts
obviously not low enough if its comfortable lol

i love driving for no reason but $$$ is tight and 93 is expensive lol

i still put at least 700 mile a week tho on my mk3
You are correct with the lack of low. But the seats are a perfect fit for me

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
really? takes u 60 bucks to fill with 93? 93 is all i can get arount here, no 91, so i only got the 93 and 100 chip. wish i could find some 100 round here :(

·
I'm Watching You
15,550 Posts
$60 for a full tank of 93 is a lot

i only pay about $40-$45 on both my mk3 and mk4

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.