My Fast GTi banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all my name is Chris and i am about to get my first car and its a 02 gti 1.8t. Im not to familiar on modding so i am asking here. What mods can iadd to get the most for my money. so far im thinking of
1. chipping
2. tubo
3. exhaust
4. Cold air intake

any help guys

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
263 Posts
kylmos said:
do all that but the turbo...a new turbo upgrade will cost half of what u paid for the car
not really. apr has the k04 upgrade for under 5 i believe, though installation costs a pretty penny

·
Registered
81 Posts
Do some simple bolt-ons first...maybe new spark plugs...and we all love to chip ours cars...a turbo is nice, but you should ask for recommendations first on what to get with it and what not.

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
245... that's good... but wouldn't it be best to just get the chip? That in itself is 263 HP at least on the 93 octane program with APR.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Yes, just a chip can make more than 245 HP if you start with a MkV, but it looks to me like the discussion started with a 1.8T MkIV. Chip will get you to 215 HP with that engine.

·
Registered
749 Posts
No worries; I do the same thing all the time. My MkV is my first GTI so sometimes I forget there were generations before. Those MkIV's have a really good base of owners, enthusiasts, and performance mods. That makes it so much more fun to own.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts