My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i have gone over 200mph+ in my buddy's 1995 794wrhp(2000ft elevation) Toyota Supra. Too fast when the lines become a solid section and cars are being past like they are setting still when your are doing a buck 20(120). >:D >:D >:D

·
Registered
41 Posts
i've done a little over 140 in my 69 mach one and i've done about 170 or so when i had my 2001 ducati 750 supersport.... but the thing with the bike was when you're going that fast and its not on a super smooth road... more like a freeway.... the gauges or well your whole face bounces a little so it was hard to read before i let off the gas cuz i felt like i was gonna die....170 on a bike is f*ing scary when you can hear and feel that much wind.... i like to stay inside of a car now:)

·
Registered
530 Posts
kylmos said:
gone around 600 mph
hahaha, me too, but I think he is referring to speed obtained while still on the ground! [drive]

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
In my GTI is where I've hit my "fastest speed". I didn't have a very fast car before and I think honestly I could only hit about 100 on the same road I got to 135 in (speedometer said 145..so i'm guessing). I wouldn't want to go faster than 100 in my old car any way. It was scary the tires would kinda rumble and the steering wheel was vibrating. Now with the GTI, I feel safer. 130 feels like 75 in my old car. Everything is so smooth. I know I could go faster. Just wait til I get the APR...

·
Registered
749 Posts
I like to think that I've grown over the last decade. One of my first cars was an '87 Rx-7. With a few minor mods I did about 142 one day before going airborne on I-90 in Western South Dakota. The rev alarm was screaming at me but I could hardly hear it. Now that I've grown up a bit and I have a greater appreciation for my insurance premiums, I have not tried to break that record. I have gotten my GTI up there close to the 130 limit (APR later this year), but only on familiar, flat road with many miles of visibility in every direction.

·
Registered
747 Posts
136 MPH in my mom's old X5 4.8i
everything was getting reeeaaallllyyy blury and I got scared of possible cops in the area so I sloweed down >:D >:D

·
Registered
635 Posts
well as none of my friends have any fast cars the fastest ive gone was 160 in my last car and thats the wrecked car you see in the my post whore thread

·
Registered
747 Posts
OH, is this the speed we personally have driven at? or the speed of a car we were in? [help]
cuz in that case 205 MHP (governor limited) in a Carrera GT >:D

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
i have had my GTI at 160mph flat. i have a video on youtube of it. look for like 160mph GTI or something if you wanna see it :)

·
Registered
747 Posts
Damn, I haven;t pushed my GTI that much yet, even though I passed the break point...I have hit 110 on the highway, it was funny cuz I didn't really notice I was going that fast, there weren't that many people around me, and I going steady with another car, so it never crossed my mind that I was speeding that bad >:D

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
mattabaziou said:
OH, is this the speed we personally have driven at? or the speed of a car we were in? [help]
cuz in that case 205 MHP (governor limited) in a Carrera GT >:D
Either or. I have driven to about 120-130 myself but the 200+ was my buddy in his car.
p.s.205mph looks like your flying!!!

·
Registered
129 Posts
I when 143 with my GTI in the TPK before some wise guy cut me off!!! I can't find a road long enouph to see the limits, but I keep trying.... [fish] 8)

·
Registered
230 Posts
HAHAH someone who works at this tire shop actually had a wing like that on his POS Del Sol haha, it was funny...i havent seen it lately though, he probably drove it off a bridge

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
not sure if my time was accurate, being all the crap i've read about our speedometers being off.

i was going 120kmh and the read on my passengers temp gauge said 112... if thats the case, whats the point in having one. For me to think that im goin 80 and only doin 72, makes it really difficult for me to calculate my ETA.

sooo my speed of 130mph+...was probably more like 90....grrrr

1 - 20 of 50 Posts