My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
It all matters on what you like bro...
As for me 18's are what I have but im sure I will trade up to 19's maybe even dubs
I like a bigger wheel as opposed to a smaller wheel.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Some chrome 24" spinnas.

You know, like the ones people put on their 15 year old Ford Crown Victorias that give them more ground clearance that a stock Hummer H2.

That would be so rad...

·
Registered
346 Posts
I'm going to keep the 17s, but get some new black ones. The problem is finding 17s with the 5 x 112 configuration. I know TSW makes some, but I want to shop around a bit. Any wheel nuts know anywhere else to look?

·
Premium Octane
1,289 Posts
Eye candy = 20s.. just watch out.. that gravel may dent your rim...

·
Registered
342 Posts
DrJones said:
Some chrome 24" spinnas.

You know, like the ones people put on their 15 year old Ford Crown Victorias that give them more ground clearance that a stock Hummer H2.

That would be so rad...
What's even more rad are the Wal-Mart spinnaz. Chromed plastic that sticks out about 3 to 4 inches from the wheel. Now that's balla!

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
who would ever put 20" on a gti. I would say 18" are the biggest you should go anything over that you asking to chip,crack,dent a rim

·
Registered
321 Posts
I would say 18" is the magic number. You also have to consider weight. All of your 17", 18", and 19" wheels will yield approximately the same tire diameter. At 20" you start to get outrageous tire diameters that will actually lift your car. Granted, there are super thin tires out there that you can use on 20"+ rims but they are terrible to drive on and cost a buttload. Also those rims are heavy as lead shyt!

·
Registered
13 Posts
The rims you've been looking for

I have a 1987 GTI 16v and it has stock 14" wheels on it, and they are the only ugly part of the car, and i was wondering how big I should go on wheels, I was thinking 16" konig britelites but then again how much bigger could I go w/ that car? 17"? and I relize the bigger the wheel the more weight and the rougher the ride, but what do you think I should do?

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Re: how big is to big?

16's shouldnt be too bad. thats what i would go with. yer choises might be limited at only 16" though. 17" are easy to find in many designs.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Bcruzin said:
Eye candy = 20s.. just watch out.. that gravel may dent your rim...
I didn't know you could get 5 series tires! That rubber is crazy. Wouldn't even take gravel, You'd have to switch out in fall, 'cause the leaves on the road might cause a problem!

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
10 zillion dollars... inclusing all the repairs you would have to get to yer car and suspension upgrades to make yer suspension as hard as a rock. it also includes back surgery since yer back will be the only real spring in the car. hah

·
Registered
108 Posts
I work at a rim shop and from the research i did u can go 20x8.5 and a 215 - 235 depends on offset 30 series tire. super ruff ride and i wouldnt do it myself.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts