Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my problem last night I installed the Forge Blow Off Valve adapter...

I installed this last night... though I ran into a problem. The electrical sensor that you put the adapter between has a spring on it.. well when I was pulling it out the spring fell off and went somewhere in the engine and not on the ground. I spent hours searching for it with no luck. Even with out the spring inside it still has a fair amount of resistance so I put it all back together without the spring.

My question: Is there a place that has some sort of detailed diagram of everything so I can find out the name of this part? And is there a place that get this part at so I can replace the spring? And lastly, do with think any damage wiill be caused without this spring for the time being until I can find another part?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
For the bov you can call a shop that sells those or just go to forgemotorsport.com and ask them about it. I really dont think it is a good idea to leave it on your car with a spring missing it may cause the turbo to not spool and trap that pressure in the turbo. Im not sure if im correct but take the bov off. If you want a bov sound get a neuspeed intake it adds horsepower and a nice bov sound to your car. Check out my profile to see the mods ive done and feel free to ask me questions.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts