Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
Gotcha. I'd double check the intercooler piping and go from there. How big is your fmic core?
Unless his is bigger than a eurojet race core im gona say thats not the issue clayton since my core is massive and im pushin high boost numbers

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?cvwzqy

Sent From Mah iPhone4 Using Teh Tapatalk B!tches

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
Unless his is bigger than a eurojet race core im gona say thats not the issue clayton since my core is massive and im pushin high boost numbers

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?cvwzqy

Sent From Mah iPhone4 Using Teh Tapatalk B!tches
Because you're tuned Chris. Put that big core on a factory boost motor and there will be lost pressure, unless he's strictly experiencing a leak.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
It wouldn't effect vacuum tho would it? I always thought it may decrease boost pressure but vacuum would be the same.

BGODSPEED TYPE-M INTERCOOLER

max horsepower capacity : 350hp

core length: 20"
core height: 6"
core thickness: 2.5"
inlet / outlet size: 2.50"
end to end length: 28"
compress air flow rate: 600cubic feet/min, 350hp max
working pressure: 35-40 psi
pressure drop: [email protected], [email protected]
material: 100% aluminum
design: bar and plate=high flow
construction: machine cut & stamped, hand welded
finish: polished
net weight: 11 lbs

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
Decreased vacuum is either from a leak or poor boost gauge reading which would mean improper install.

·
Registered
88 Posts
car is feeling really good, so it has to be poor gauge install
Having the gauge T'd into the FPR is the way 99% of us put boost gauges in. So I'm not so sure. Just make sure you have clamped everything tight. (Or zip tied all the hoses onto the T really tightly.) I'm sticking with leak, not a bad gauge reading. You really need to do a boost leak test.

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
car is feeling really good, so it has to be poor gauge install
Having the gauge T'd into the FPR is the way 99% of us put boost gauges in. So I'm not so sure. Just make sure you have clamped everything tight. (Or zip tied all the hoses onto the T really tightly.) I'm sticking with leak, not a bad gauge reading. You really need to do a boost leak test.
when i first got my jetta it came with a boost gauge already installed and it was T'd in at the FPR .... now mines been redone since i deleted a buncha crap and tucked hoses n wires mines now tapped into the bottom of the intake manifold for a more true reading , but theres nothing at all wrong with taping it at the FPR since that line comes offa the manifold

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Found the problem, It wasn't bad install, it was bad gauge. I put in a friends non digital gauge and it read -20 vacuum and 12psi peak.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Found the problem, It wasn't bad install, it was bad gauge. I put in a friends non digital gauge and it read -20 vacuum and 12psi peak.
I stand corrected. Glad you found the problem!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Yea the gauge install wasn't bad, but since its digital gauge the sensor that comes with it is faulty. I was pulling my hair out trying to find a leak ha. I local performance shop had a analog gauge on hand and they td it up to where i had mine and all was well!

·
Registered
1 Posts
My AWP peaks at 14PSI and drops with revs... So that means I'm tuned? (Input on the state of my tune... Whether it's, stock, stage 1, or whatever would be greatly appreciated.)

Also.. You should hold 18-20 vacuum at warm idle. and 21-22 on decel while still in gear.
just hooked my boost gauge up today and the vacuum at warm idle is -14 should I be worried

21 - 31 of 31 Posts