Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Im going GIAC (Monday)...2 reasons mainly. 1 its the only one available in the realitive area to me (Kansas City Kansas) which I guess is a big one and 2 the shop Im goign to is a real big time Porsche tuner and they use GIAC for their rich customers (lol) so I think its a good choice.

On a separate note anyone that has GIAC and the Neuspeed P-flo intake that can give me an idiea of what Ill be pulling on the dyno come Monday please PM me Im so anxious I just can wait and I need to know lol. (The GIAC software is EVOMS version if that makes a difference i was told to expect 30 to 50 hp and 65 to 85 tq without factoring in the intake.)

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have APR since day one I bought my car. I LOVED it! so far is the best. Also ABT Sportsline is very similar and even better (I got the APR because I did not have a dealer close by for ABT. However now I do! Ohh well!) The ABT is the only one approved by VW! However, either way is the best way then stock. No comparison. 8)

BTW the website for both are www.ppsnow.net .

·
Registered
749 Posts
I don't know where the 'approved by VW' might have have come from. ABT says on their website that their upgrade is cause for voiding a manufacturer's warranty. However, they do have a warranty of their own but that page is in German and no sprechen. I got something about comprehensive and security.

·
Registered
230 Posts
There is actually an APR tuner in Kansas City, MO...im in Topeka and if i go APR then that's where I'd get mine, and btw...this tuner also tunes porsche's, BMW's, Audi's, and VW's (obviously)

·
Registered
23 Posts
The Below Is A Post I made A Little While Back... Thought it Would Go with The Subject At hand... (this is about runnig the nuespeed software)

Ok guys, here is the official word from dealership and from neuspeed...
Dealership- Neuspeed software runs fine with our systems, we wont know it's on the car unless you tell us or we drive in and try to get it over 130 MPH... so go get it or buy a GTI from Rusnak Audi in T.O. (Thousand Oaks, CA) (called Rusnak) they said that any Audi or VW you buy from them is covered with Neuspeed modifications only if they are done at neuspeed shop. So I simply said if I told you today that I wanted to buy a GTI from you guys, but said I want a Neuspeed remap, neuspeed intake neuspeed exhaust I would still have a factory warranty, the answer was music to my ears... YES we will even take the car to neuspeed for you after purchase... I may take my GTI to them as a trade in...

Neuspeed - Spoke to Gary and he told me that the neuspeed software is not covered under warranty from most dealerships but dealerships will not know it is installed if you donÂ’t tell them, you know Rusnak Audi brings us customers cars all the time for work and the software runs stealth,??? and he said if I was worried about anything that I could bring it down and they would remove the software before I went into the dealership... I was excited, I said what about the error codes that come up if youÂ’re pushing to much boost and things like that, he said let me explain it again, and our software canÂ’t be seen because we are using VW specs???(Whatever that means) so our software wonÂ’t cause any error codes.

I am taking my GTI to neuspeed tomorrow for the software. Or to Rusnak Audi for a trade in, either way I feel very good and safe, I love VW and Neuspeed. I Live in Van Nuys / Arleta, CA. but I work is Simi Valley, CA. So Neuspeed and Rusnak are both close, life is GOOD.

FYI- I didnÂ’t check my spelling because I donÂ’t CARE!!!

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
haha thats pretty sick man. im still under warranty with all my mods haha... my dealer doesnt care at all... but he warned me that if something goes wrong that i better take all the mods off before i bring it in haha.

·
Registered
47 Posts
i was talking to a tuner shop about chipping my gti mkv. they said that the apr chip is faster then the revo chip at stage 1 and 2. is this true? if it is true is the gain worth the extra money that the apr cost? the shop is also trying to tell me that i need a new fuel pump if i go with stage 2. i think they just want more money out of me. am i right?

·
Premium Member
6,854 Posts
Apr is better than revo apr's stage 1 is about as good as revo's stage 2, and for apr stg 2 you need a cold air intake and a downpipe, shouldn't need a new pump til stage 3

·
Registered
47 Posts
i went with the apr stage 2 and i have a [email protected] cold air and a 3 inch catless downpipe. i don't really feel the difference with the chip :/. is there any reason for this? could i have blown my dv even before i ran it hard? but i do see my mpgs so way down.

·
Premium Member
6,854 Posts
i went with the apr stage 2 and i have a [email protected] cold air and a 3 inch catless downpipe. i don't really feel the difference with the chip :/. is there any reason for this? could i have blown my dv even before i ran it hard? but i do see my mpgs so way down.
stock dv on apr stage 2? most likely tore the be-jesus out of the insides, any idea what boost your running, because I felt a huge dif. between stock and just a chip, I can only imagine stage 2 would be epic

·
Registered
47 Posts
i don't know how much boost i am running. The guy at the tuner shop said some people blow the dv right away and some people it has lasted over a year. if the dv is blown any recommendations? should i go with a dv or a bov and what make? and i really appreciate the help thanks.

·
Premium Member
10,066 Posts
stock dv on apr stage 2? most likely tore the be-jesus out of the insides, any idea what boost your running, because I felt a huge dif. between stock and just a chip, I can only imagine stage 2 would be epic
i don't know how much boost i am running. The guy at the tuner shop said some people blow the dv right away and some people it has lasted over a year. if the dv is blown any recommendations? should i go with a dv or a bov and what make? and i really appreciate the help thanks.
Im Running APR stage 2 , Neuspeed P-Flow Full CAI , Eurojet PCV , GHL 3" TBE .......And Until My BSH Dv Kit Comes In , Im Running On The Stock DV And Not A Problem Outa It Yet . And If I Push It I Spike At 23-24 PSI

·
Premium Member
10,066 Posts
If I Were U I Would Invest In A Boost Gauge .... And If I Were U And I Did Blow It I Would Not Go Back Stock U Could Either Stay With The Dv Side And I Would Look Into A Forge Dv Or U Could Lookin Into The BSH DV Like I Got On The Way .....Or If U Choose To Go BOV Look Into A Greddy Or HKS BOV U Cant Go Wrong With Them

DV's
Forge Motorsport

Bulletproof Speed Hardware :: Volkswagen :: MKV GTi, Jetta, Rabbit (06+) :: 2.0T Engine :: Forced Induction :: Diverter Valve...

BOV's
HKS USA Super SQV

Greddy - Founded and Driven by Racers

1 - 20 of 27 Posts