Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kinda of car did you trade in for your new GTI thats of course if you did trade?

93 civic with all the goodies they gave me 3grr for it! I guess they didnt see me push it to the dealer HAHA

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
I didn't trade but I privately sold my 97 Jetta for $6K. Dealer was gonna give me around $4K tops I think.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I'm in the process of selling my Jeep Cherokee right now. I'm going to miss it but owning the GTI really eases the pain. >:D

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm selling my 1990 BMW 535 right now. It's sad to see it go since I've had it for 6 years and babied it the whole time, but I love my new GTI!

·
Registered
44 Posts
You'll like this one....I trade my 2005 porsche cayenne that only had 6k miles on the odometer.........LOVE IT!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was going to trade in my 2002 Audi A4 which has a complete Oettinger Body Kit and exhaust and neuspeed chip, which the dealer stated they had a buyer for already, but than my little brother wanted it, so I got my GTI without trading the Audi in, a month later my brother no longer wants the Audi because he can't afford it, now I'm stuck with 2 car payments! So if anybody wants to buy it, let me know, I'm in California.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I traded in my bus pass and constantly borrowing my girlfriend's '97 Jetta.

But notably, I had agreed to do all the maintenence on the Jetta while I was using it so much. In a year that turned into a complete tune-up, a new clutch, new tires, alignment, several bulbs (geez VWs go through a lot of headlights with DRL) and having the door runners glued back on. Needless to say, I'm pretty happy with my brand new car!

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
My Jetta only needed one bulb replacement in all the time I owned it. Never had to replace any rear lights, only left front headlight ONCE. When I sold it (it was a 97) the right front headlight was still factory bulb.

·
Registered
29 Posts
i traded my 2001 mercedes c32 amg got 18 grand for it had around 85,000 miles on it i think it was good i love my gti so far

·
Registered
8 Posts
8) Traded my 2002 Mazda Protege5. Got my payoff for it which was $7,315.84 with a car worth 6,200....and mine was ragged to hell and back door dings wrecked bumper etc etc. VW treats u well...

·
Registered
342 Posts
Candi, my 2001 Honda Civic EX coupe; bought her brand-new . . . write-me-a-ticket red . . . :'(

106,000 miles . . . it was time to move on :-\

1 - 20 of 102 Posts