Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 20 of 262 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Why are there no responses???

Surely somebody must be willing to share their GTI purchase price with the rest of us!!!

Or is it the case we're all going to have to pay full MSRP?

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
It's hard to get a good deal on a car you have to order and wait for. If you walk out on the deal the salesperson will have no trouble finding someone else to buy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ha ha, ain't that the truth! I guess this kind of explains the lack of response to the question, but at least if I know that everybody is paying roughly full price, I won't feel so bad! ;)

·
Registered
128 Posts
i will be the first to respond with a number

i got the silver, with option 2 (leather, xm radio, heated seats, sunroof, etc.)
6-speed manual
monster mats (that mickey mouse $200 rubber mats)
those monster squares blocks things that go in the trunk
17" rims

i paid 24900. the sticker was right under 26000, i think it was 25954 or something like that. i dont think i got a bad deal, probably wasnt the best either, but i really dont care because even if i got it for 24500 or even 24200 that would only be 8 or 10 per month and that difference really doesnt matter

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ok.....I thinkI got a GREAT deal
White/18" hefe/DSG tranny/package #2/xm radio/leather/sunroof/power everything/heated seats and every other option except NAV.
sticker was almost $28k paid $24.8 ...smokin deal for this ride with all the luxury options!...Its more plush than my last Porsche which was an 05 Cayenne...I love this car and may actually keep it for a few years......which doesnt sound like much, but I have traded in and out of 9 cars the last 12 months! I cant wait till the DEALER PERFORMANCE CHIP becomes available and adds 75-horses

·
Registered
80 Posts
I got my package 2 for 26
Candy white
Leather
18s
Dual climate
Heated seats
sunroof
6 speed manual
all the goodies only one of 7 left in the Seattle area untill summer

·
Registered
398 Posts
United Gray, Pkg 2, 18", DSG & Rubber Mats w/ trunk liner (basically everything minus navigation) = $25.3k

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I got my car for 22400 and it was 26500. They made me that offer because i wanted the 18inch wheels and i guess they had my car there but without the rims and didn't wanna bother to mail out for it so they made me a deal. This was the first week they came out by me feb 12th

·
Registered
68 Posts
25500 OtD
3k Down
488/mo (9% interest sucks)
First time financing :)

Candy White, Pkg 2, 18" Hufeisen Alloys.
Basically everything except for Nav. But im gonna do a carputer like most people on mp3car.com

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
$35K CAD
$15K down
$20K at 5% unsecured loan (I have clear title on the car) for 60mos
Pmts are $174 biweekly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got mine 5/19 I paid full sticker (United Gray 18" rims, Package 2,DSG - $25k) I hate to barter. So I got them to throw in the rubber floor mats, the GTI Logo'd floor mats, the GTI valve stem covers, the Silver mirror covers, the I ipod adaptor, the Gorilla Gear rear floor mat (my wife loves that) - pretty much everything I could find online that the dealer offered. I also financed for 36 months so got 2.9% The papers showed I was paying the bank $600 for 3 years for the loan. That's like free. I test drove lots of more expensive cars (BMW 545, Lexus IS 350, Audi S4) saved myself $10-20 thousand and got a car that is the most fun I've ever driven. Drove my family of 3 down to Virginia Beach for a week and got everything in with ease!!!

If you buy a Honda you get.....a Honda

·
Registered
79 Posts
I hate to be a bit negative on my first post but to claim you can get a $4000 discount is misleading to say the least. There is not that much mark up in the car! I have sold cars for 16 years now and I know what mark ups are. Its no where near the amount of discount someone claimed. Several people have listed reasonable and believable discounts though. Mine is United grey 6 speed with Package 1 (Power sunroof and XM radio) and Rubber Gorilla floor mats and trunk liner with partitions listed for $24,175.00. I paid $23,100.00 You can expect to get anywhere from no discount (depending on availabilty of the car in your area) to approximately $1500 to $2000 off MAX. In my opinion if you get at least $1,000 discount you are doing ok. Remember some people have paid full sticker. Of course the more options on the car the more mark up there is. But do not expect to go in and get $4000 discount.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Black Magic, Package 2, Navigation, Rubber Floor Mats with Gorilla Gear, I don't remember the total amount, but I paid straight invoice. (it helps to live around the corner from the owner of the dealership! 8)) My lease payments are 418/mo for 36 months, and since I just graduated from college VW paid my first months payment ;D. I was looking at a few cars that were a good deal more expensive, 325, Z4, G35 coupe, 9-3, but the GTI is as fun to drive as any of those and costs a lot less! I'd also argue that the build quality is every bit as good if not better than that of the other cars I was looking at.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I paid $1000 off sticker for a black package 2 with 17's. That was my dealer's internet deal for filling out the get a quote from the vw web site. Seeing as they're pretty hard to get here, I call that a decent deal. Payments are insane, but that's cause my credit is crap, so I won't even quote them.

1 - 20 of 262 Posts