Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, the V-10 TDI Toureg would stomp a GTI up to 40MPH... The torque on that motor is impressive.

If I lived back in snow country- and won the lotto, That would be my winter vehicle and use it to tow the snowmobiles and other toys ;D

The "thing" would be a fun toy to have for sand running.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I can't say I'll be driving something awesome on a daily basis. The one thing I'm really waiting for is the new R32, but that isn't until Fall. The owner does have some pretty sweet cars though, he used to own a Carrera GT sold it and bought three new GT500s, so I may not be driving sweet cars, but I do get to see them and sit in them.

Edit*

Cool article about that V10
http://www.autoblog.com/2006/11/22/touareg-v10-tdi-tows-a-747/

·
Registered
857 Posts
I have driven a Phaeton, W12 same engine as the Bentley Continental. FAST car, much more luxurious than I had expected also.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
10bv01 said:
I have driven a Phaeton, W12 same engine as the Bentley Continental. FAST car, much more luxurious than I had expected also.
My boss has a Continental... a few months back someone backed into his car. The nice lady left a note with her contact and insurance information. :-X

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
mmm that lady must have balls.. if i backed up into one of those i might be scared out of my mind and poop myself... do they raise yer rates depending on the damage costs?... i would assume they do :/

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
GTfly said:
mmm that lady must have balls.. if i backed up into one of those i might be scared out of my mind and poop myself... do they raise yer rates depending on the damage costs?... i would assume they do :/
I think she thought it was a Chrysler 300. :eek: :p

The car had to be taken to a shop over 100 miles away that specializes in Bentley and Rolls body repair. I never asked how much it did finally cost.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Well, I don't know if this is common knowledge or not, but the Phaeton is literally a Bentley in VW skin. I've seen underneath of a Phaeton and the parts actually say Bentley on them. Almost everything on the two cars, at least mechanically, is identical. Naturally though, they're going to charge more (body work and everything else for that matter) if you've got a Bentley.

Edit*

Which is why the Phaeton was such a steal... and the Bentley's such a rip off.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Man, I've been gone a while and I guess I missed it, but why do you get to see and sometimes drive all these awesome cars all the time?

·
Registered
857 Posts
GranTurismoInjection said:
Man, I've been gone a while and I guess I missed it, but why do you get to see and sometimes drive all these awesome cars all the time?
I don't do special favors, I just got a new job. I work at the VW dealership as a porter. A customer pulls up in their car for service, the service adviser greets them, and then I drive the customers car to the back lot for the technicians to get when they have an opening. I also clean the place up, make sure managers are happy, and the like. Perks: driving and or being driven in the new cars that come to the dealership/ I get in shape without ever going to the gym (lots of running and lifting)/ And the biggest of course... cheap labor (I'll be able to get all my performance stuff done without paying $115 an hour)

·
Registered
857 Posts
What I meant was, I talk to a tech who is interested in performance stuff, I bring him the APR exhaust, Neuspeed intake, Forge DV, and he'll install it for me for cheap.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
thats what all of us in our local club do :). after hours he takes our cars in the back and uses all the equipment for putting on springs, allignments, and basically anything else you need to get done for dirt cheap.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Drove a BMW 745 today, that thing is a boat. Also drove a fast GLI, last model. It had full CAI, turboback exhaust, chipped, suspension work, BBS rims, Recaro racing seats. Really nice car, really fast car. In a few days/weeks/when there's time the manager is going to take me on the tollway in one of the GT500's, I can't wait.

·
Registered
635 Posts
yeah its a POS ford that goes 0-60 in 5.5...id take a corvette over that anyday...and i hate corvettes

A student at a British public school who is required to perform menial tasks for a student in a higher class. thats what a *** is..stupid...do you get offended when people say shit fuck ass dick prick and w/e else?

·
Premium Octane
1,289 Posts
UnitedGreyGTI, is that you ??
Welcome back... I can't say I missed you... Where's that image of the E-Thug when you need it??

1 - 20 of 44 Posts