Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

What car did you beat in your GTI today?

94K views 480 replies 43 participants last post by  ROH ECHT 
#1 ·
Thought I would make this thread because it was on my old Lancer forum and I did some searching on here and couldn't find anything beside the sub-forum "GTI vs." If there is a thread on here like this and I duplicated it, I apologize and please delete this for me!

Today, I dominated some high school kid in his 07ish WRX as we raced on the highway on ramp. Yeeeeee! [drive]

#2 ·
i like the looks of this thread

#4 ·
great potential WOO! Well last night me and my bfffl raced from 40 to 125 ish until he backed off.

2012 GTI 2dr dsg
vs
2007 Acura tl type s

I forget what is done to his car but mine is pretty stock
(FOR NOW TEHEHEHE)

#5 ·
great potential WOO! Well last night me and my bfffl raced from 40 to 125 ish until he backed off.

2012 GTI 2dr dsg
vs
2007 Acura tl type s

I forget what is done to his car but mine is pretty stock
(FOR NOW TEHEHEHE)
Thanks for being the second post relating to the title!

#6 · (Edited)
Today, I was on my way to the light rail station and parking lot and two new Toyota Corolla's cut me off in some weird race they were doing. We all pulled up to a stop light on a three-lane road, and were all in our own lane. Needless to say, at least they tried.[owned] ;D Win number two for Scarlett! [drive]

#7 ·
Have to say, I'm suprised the impact the DSG can have. Quite a few higher HP cars have thought they could take me (350Z, WRX) and gotten a rude surprise when they couldn't shift in time to keep up.

#9 ·
I live in a small town, so not only do I not want to draw attention to myself, the odds of me lining up with somebody in a worthy car, at a light, and willing to go is very very low. and when it does happen, I have my gf or a dog in the car....

#10 ·
I live in a small town, so not only do I not want to draw attention to myself, the odds of me lining up with somebody in a worthy car, at a light, and willing to go is very very low. and when it does happen, I have my gf or a dog in the car....
lol that's probably for the best!

#11 ·
I don't generally "race" on the streets. Last time I tried it was against a g37s. I got smoked. Later I found out it was my co-worker and he didn't even know he was racing. He was just trying to get through traffic and beat me without trying. :/

#14 ·
beat some kid in a 2006 mustang gt, he kept saying his exhaust (catback) gave him like 30 or 40 hp... i lol'd when i pulled away and the look on his face was priceless hahaha
mustang owners are so similar to ricer owners in that regard.. they claim that their mods get them way more power than they actually do

#16 ·
I gotta say, I love the idea of this thread, and I don't even have a MKVI, haha.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
It's finally starting to pick up too! It doesn't have to be limited to just MK6's. I'd love to hear anyone's story of how they kicked some a$$ in their VolkSWAGen Get There Illegally as your signature says. :)

#17 ·
Yeah they are lol but its always entertaining when you just pull away without breaking a sweat :)
my friend w a V6 stang drove behind me today... I could leave it in 6th while he dropped it down and pull away form

#19 ·
#21 ·
Ooh! Sorry, I missed the "stang" you threw in there. My bad.
haha it's fine.. can't expect everyone on a vw forum to pick up on that one

#22 ·

Street racing is illegal!

But srsly, I have yet to be "challenged" since I went stage 2. Figures.

I highly recommend to everyone to hit up a local auto-x event at least once. You will really experience your GTI's limits. Actually, you will more than likely reach your limits as a driver before your cars.

#23 ·

Street racing is illegal!

But srsly, I have yet to be "challenged" since I went stage 2. Figures.

I highly recommend to everyone to hit up a local auto-x event at least once. You will really experience your GTI's limits. Actually, you will more than likely reach your limits as a driver before your cars.
Lies! lol I'm just looking for little jaunts people have had, getting on the highway and such. I bet stage 2 rocks, do you know her specs?

#24 ·
About a week ago there was an SI driver that slammed on the gas as I pulled along side. I left him so far behind so quickly that I had to brake for many seconds before he caught up. We both had our windows down and asked if he wanted to try another speed since we were doing about 40 when it started before. He condescendingly smiled while shaking his head as if he was the better person and when I asked why not, he motioned ahead and said, "Traffic." The "traffic" was about a mile out.

#25 ·
Lies! lol I'm just looking for little jaunts people have had, getting on the highway and such. I bet stage 2 rocks, do you know her specs?
I know just messin'

I haven't dyno'd it or anything but Uni says 280hp / 325ft-tq and 20psi of boost
Its utterly amazing that this thing had this power inside. I knew it was going to get better but:

#26 ·
About a week ago there was an SI driver that slammed on the gas as I pulled along side. I left him so far behind so quickly that I had to brake for many seconds before he caught up. We both had our windows down and asked if he wanted to try another speed since we were doing about 40 when it started before. He condescendingly smiled while shaking his head as if he was the better person and when I asked why not, he motioned ahead and said, "Traffic." The "traffic" was about a mile out.
It's always the traffic... ;) He11 yeah man! Feels so good to just leave someone, who thinks they're hot shiz, in the dust.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.