Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
justn868 said:
I already have BF Goodwrenchs, what would you guys buy???
What kind of driving, what are the extremes in weather where you are?

Are you concerned more about wear or traction?

·
Premium Octane
1,289 Posts
Purchased Nitto NeoGen's in 225/45/17. Unreal grip for a 280 treadwear rating and the wet traction is confidence inspiring. They're Z rated for speed.. which is what 149 mph or something.. The tread design is pretty cool too, if you're into that. O0

·
Ex-Fahrenheit GTI Owner
1,312 Posts
Anybody have the Dunlop Sp Sport Maxx ZR-rated 240 treadwear - but a lot more reasonable than the Nittos? I read some good reviews on it.

·
Premium Octane
1,289 Posts
Now just a minute. Got my Nittos (4) for 396 shipped.. discounttiredirect.com Free shipping even... you can beat that?

·
Ex-Fahrenheit GTI Owner
1,312 Posts
Bcruzin said:
Now just a minute. Got my Nittos (4) for 396 shipped.. discounttiredirect.com Free shipping even... you can beat that?
That's an awesome price.... I've always wondered, if I would buy tires online, how much would it cost me to have them put on, and balanced?

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
Vegas Fahrenheit said:
Thanks, Bcruzin - would any tire shop do this (even if you brought your own tires)?
Support your local tire shop... ask them if they can match the internet deal O0

·
Premium Octane
1,289 Posts
Dragon has a point.. you walk in with a quote from online, they may try to match, but I tried that and met with a brick wall. As far as mounting, I took mine to a local European tuner shop, German Speed Merchants. They were more than willing

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.