Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What about Alberta

5K views 25 replies 8 participants last post by  Enisada 
#1 ·
How come I'm the only one in Alberta with a MkV?

#6 ·
Hello, first post, just wanted to say hi. I picked up my 4-door Red GTI MKV from Missoula, Montana. Yup, that's right, picked mine up in the states. I wanted the headlight washers with dual zone automatic climate control and the only way I was going to get it was from the states. Anyways, I'm in Edmonton and driving it right now, what a great car. However there's these annoying rattles that I'm bringing my car in to get it checked out. Which is better service, Norden or Southgate?

#7 ·
Norden, definitely. Southgate is ass.

Have yet to see a red one in Edmonton. Only seen Black (mine plus another one I saw several times around West Edmonton Mall area), White (several all around the city) and Gray (saw one in the south side and one that I saw several times in Sherwood Park). Let me know if any of you own those cars.

#8 ·
VW_GTI_07 said:
Hello, first post, just wanted to say hi. I picked up my 4-door Red GTI MKV from Missoula, Montana. Yup, that's right, picked mine up in the states. I wanted the headlight washers with dual zone automatic climate control and the only way I was going to get it was from the states. Anyways, I'm in Edmonton and driving it right now, what a great car. However there's these annoying rattles that I'm bringing my car in to get it checked out. Which is better service, Norden or Southgate?
Only the American ones rattle.

#9 ·
From what I understand, I don't see any difference between the american version and the canadian version. The only difference is mine has the center air diffuser. I believe that is where the rattle is coming from. I also found a TSB on the 2007 GTI about a fuel line that affects all new GTI and Jetta's. And technically speaking, all GTI are built from the same factory.

#10 ·
VW_GTI_07 said:
From what I understand, I don't see any difference between the american version and the canadian version. The only difference is mine has the center air diffuser. I believe that is where the rattle is coming from. I also found a TSB on the 2007 GTI about a fuel line that affects all new GTI and Jetta's. And technically speaking, all GTI are built from the same factory.
I agree with all the things you say there. I only have two points:

1. The American cars rattle, the Canadian ones don't.
2. I am only kidding.

>:D

#11 ·
All good, any of you guys trying out different types of Gas for you GTI's and seeing if it makes a difference? I'm currently using Petro Canada 91 Octane and averaging about 9.8 l / 100 KM for city driving, that's been with 2 tanks. Mined you I only have 2200 KM on the car so it's still being broken in. A friend of mine with a Volvo S40 T5 said that he's runs opimal (meaning the best mileage and performace) using Husky's 92 Octane and not the 94 octane. Anybody care to discuss their experience with different types of Gas?

#12 ·
I was warned never to go to Husky, my gf had a bad experience with their "super" in her '91 Couger. Besides that I don't really have much of an opinion on gas in general. Although I am half tempted to start octane boosting just to see if it makes a difference and if it's worth extra cash...

#13 ·
I almost always use PetroCan 91. Occasionally I get Shell gift certificates from work though, so I use the VPower and it's pretty good stuff.

Hey, anyone here happen to own a white GTI with Huffeisen rims in Edmonton, living around 97 St and 75th Ave-ish? I'm looking at renting a house in that neighborhood and happened to pass by and saw the white GTI. Might be two GTI owners in a 2 block radius there soon.

#15 ·
Seems like more and more GTI's are popping up. I have seen a few in my area, South side by SouthBrook, Rutherford, Summerside area. It's actually funny that I find there are more E90 BMW 3 series than GTI's, which is good because it makes the GTI even more unique. Come to think of it, I find there are more GTI's than Rabbits. However that could change soon as the Rabbit is getting 20 more horses this year making it 170 which is a lot closer to the GTI's number than the old 150.

#16 ·
I was remarking the same thing today. Saw a white GTI on my way to work this morning and another one on the way back from Taste of Edmonton tonight (white GTI heading north on 109th around University 8:45ish anyone?)

If you saw a black one down in the Rutherford area, might have been me looking for a home. :)
You check out the remnants of that giant blaze from this morning yet?

#17 ·
That blaze was massive damage, we went to go check it out yesterday and oh my goodness, it looked like a bomb went off. I feel so bad for all those people who were living there or near there. Hopefully us Edmonton's can pull together and help out those victims. I'm thinking of donating a few things to the Canadian Red Cross society. Hopefully the rest of us can help out as well. I heard it was confirmed to be arson, weither it was deliberate or not they are still investigating.

#18 ·
Meh, I couldn't afford /wait on a waiting list long enough to buy a home in that area, I don't feel sorry for them at all. Half the condos and duplexes probably were investment properties anyway so, while I do feel sorry for the inhabitants that lost all their belongings, nuts to the owners.

#22 ·
Welcome, I have a Tornado Red as well, but mine's a 4-door. They are awesome aren't they? I wonder how many GTI's are in Edmonton now. I keep seeing more and more. To be honest, I see more GTI's than Rabbit's. I don't know if that's a good thing or not. I think we should arrange a GTI/Rabbit Meeting or drive sooner or later before the summer ends.

#23 ·
VW_GTI_07 said:
Welcome, I have a Tornado Red as well, but mine's a 4-door. They are awesome aren't they? I wonder how many GTI's are in Edmonton now. I keep seeing more and more. To be honest, I see more GTI's than Rabbit's. I don't know if that's a good thing or not. I think we should arrange a GTI/Rabbit Meeting or drive sooner or later before the summer ends.
I heard Dustin Penner drives a Candy White GTI O0

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.