Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured I'd shoot a video of my MKV 0-60 mph with just the Injen Short-Ram Intake, so I can compare the power differences before and after the tune. 0-60 was roughly 6.0-6.4 seconds give or take(not bad since the road was a little wet). I slowed down before the needle on the speedometer hit 60 because the speedometer is off by 3 mph.

·
Registered
162 Posts
you should just buy a dp and go to stage 2

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Am I able to mount a DP to the stock exhaust? I always wondered...

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Am I able to mount a DP to the stock exhaust? I always wondered...
Yesssssss. Most people will go DP to stock exhaust if they cannot afford a TBE. If you pull out your resonator and straight pipe it you'll still get a performance sound from your stock muffler too. Good gains for just a DP. Adding the CBE later give an addtional 7-12hp too.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yesssssss. Most people will go DP to stock exhaust if they cannot afford a TBE. If you pull out your resonator and straight pipe it you'll still get a performance sound from your stock muffler too. Good gains for just a DP. Adding the CBE later give an addtional 7-12hp too.
mmm...we'll see, it depends if it costs more than the stage 1 tune. As much as I'd like to, I'm not sure I can spare that much off my paycheck, I've been saving up money for a stage 1 tune since February. But if it's not too much more I'm totally going for a stage 2 tune with the down pipe.

·
Registered
161 Posts
mmm...we'll see, it depends if it costs more than the stage 1 tune. As much as I'd like to, I'm not sure I can spare that much off my paycheck, I've been saving up money for a stage 1 tune since February. But if it's not too much more I'm totally going for a stage 2 tune with the down pipe.
Depending on what you go with, apr's sale is about 600. My buddy owns a shop and he sells unitronic. I found my GHL dp on vortex for $300, went to the shop and got my stage 2 for $600. Its normally $600 for stage 1 and $650 for 2. But im pretty cool with him so he cut me some slack. It doesnt hurt to be friendly, and maybe get some deals. But I went stage 2 with dp on and stock catback, sounded a little better and performance is great, not so much like off the line more of when you get some higher rpms it starts to kick you back in your seat. But went today and got a 3" custom sraight pipe with a big bore resonator. Sounds Amazing, has the little crackling sound too it at times :)

·
Registered
629 Posts
It shouldn't cost anything extra to go stage 2. You just pick one file or the other. If you want stage 2, just get the DP now, install it, then go get the tune. Some shops charge you a "labor" fee for adding stage 2 later. If your shop is cool, they may not charge you anything extra to upgrade in the future. Find out.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Edit: the fully loaded ecu is 600, u can get a dp fire a decent price. Its worth it, so hurry b4 the sale ends

·
Registered
313 Posts
0-57mph doesnt count

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
"0-57 doesn't count."

Speedometer is 3 mph off...if you bothered to read the description.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
"0-57 doesn't count."

It's usually 3 over. So you should've run to 63mph. Mine is 3 over on anything over 65mph. GPS can confirm this for you VERY easily.

·
Registered
75 Posts
it depends on how it is set in the multifunction display. There is an option somewhere there that will adjust for tire size. Could be 3 over in your car and 3 under in his.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
it depends on how it is set in the multifunction display. There is an option somewhere there that will adjust for tire size. Could be 3 over in your car and 3 under in his.
I've got a MkIV. No fancy comp screen in mine. Just a speed sensor that relays. I hear a vagcom can fix it. First I need new rubber. 4/32 isn't good for correcting speed or alignment.

·
is Afraid of the Dyno
3,504 Posts
That's for the speed warning in winter mode. it doesn;t changer yer speedo calculations.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's usually 3 over. So you should've run to 63mph. Mine is 3 over on anything over 65mph. GPS can confirm this for you VERY easily.
That's what I'm basing it off of. My Garmin reads 63 mph when my Speedometer reads 60.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
That's what I'm basing it off of. My Garmin reads 63 mph when my Speedometer reads 60.
So if your speedo reads 57 you're doing 54... My GPS says top speed of 163. Not bad for a 1.8t stage 2.

·
Registered
313 Posts
"0-57 doesn't count."

lol i was kidding like 3 mph would change your time at all. maybe like .01 of a sec hahaha

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
lol i was kidding like 3 mph would change your time at all. maybe like .01 of a sec hahaha
Sorry to necropost. But I didn't mean to sound like an a**hole. I had a feeling you were joking, no worries dude, haha.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Can you explain what a DP (down pipe?) and a a TBE and a CBE are? Im a real budget builder and I want to start getting some performance out of my GTI.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts