My Fast GTi banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone...I've had my fast for about 2 months and just started modding it. I'll admit, I'm a newb when it comes to the GTI. I put the neuspeed intake on last week and when I shift gears at around 2k RPMs (I have a dsg), under a moderate amount of throttle, I hear this very loud/obnoxious grinding noise. I heard this with the stock intake, but now it is much louder. Once I get to around 2500 RPMs the sound is gone. If I shift gears at anything higher than that, I just hear the normal sound expected of the intake. I'm not getting any CELs, and have over 3k miles on my fast with no problems. I've searched and came up with nothing. Any thoughts as to what this could be?

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
manray said:
Hey everyone...I've had my fast for about 2 months and just started modding it. I'll admit, I'm a newb when it comes to the GTI. I put the neuspeed intake on last week and when I shift gears at around 2k RPMs (I have a dsg), under a moderate amount of throttle, I hear this very loud/obnoxious grinding noise. I heard this with the stock intake, but now it is much louder. Once I get to around 2500 RPMs the sound is gone. If I shift gears at anything higher than that, I just hear the normal sound expected of the intake. I'm not getting any CELs, and have over 3k miles on my fast with no problems. I've searched and came up with nothing. Any thoughts as to what this could be?
Thass the whistle tips!!! [fish] Does it go Woo-Woooo?

It's probably normal- mine does the same thing and it freaked the hell outta me out at first. >:D It's known as NISS (Neuspeed Intake Sound Syndrome).

Go on you tube and do a search for mkv and intake and see if it sounds the same.
O0

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
manray said:
Hey, thanks for the info dude. Guess I've got NISS too :D
My brother has an all stock 06 and when I let him drive it he was like WTF ;D I explained it was a harmonic off the intake... Then a cop followed us for two miles and I told him to keep the RPMs below 3K. >:D

·
Registered
253 Posts
[fish] woo-wooooo

cops give tickets for the intake sound ? ??? or the blow off valve??

1 more question. is it possible to put both cai and blow off valve?

·
Ex-Fahrenheit GTI Owner
1,312 Posts
Back in Belgium (where I am from) I received a ticket for having my stereo too loud :'(

Belgium has so many regulations for cars - now they came up with a law in Belgium especially to prevent modifactions on cars.
For every mod that you do, you have to have a certificate from the company that made it and you have to pay 18 euros per mod to the government.

Btw every year your car has to go to a government owned facility where they throroughly test your car (smog, brakes, lights, suspension, rust, noiselevel, ...) - the US smog check is peanuts compared to this.

·
Registered
635 Posts
where i live there is no smog check theres no checks what so ever. No one cars what you do how much pollution you make...so we're free to do whatever we want to our cars...oh the South gotta love it but damn I hate Texas...as my shirt says I'd rather go to hell than to Texas...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts