Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen quite a few people have a thread dedicated to their fast, so I decided to make one for my self. :mad:@:

On this thread you can find:
-Pics of my car
-Vag-com data and comparisons
- Hopefully a few 1/4 mile runs
- Youtube vids
- Other things that I cant think of rite now

Warning, there will be pics, nd vag-com data :)

Here it is: 2007 VW MKV GTi 2.0T DSG

Current Mods:
-APR 93 Octane Tune (and Stock)
-Carbonio CAI
-New South VDO Boost Gauge
-BMP Eyelids
-6000K Headlights
-8000K Fog Lights
-Forge DV
-Homemade W/M injection w/ 4GPH nozzle
- A bunch of Vag-Com tweaks

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
One of the pluses of W/M Injection: Lower EGT

EGT= Exhaust Gas Temperature

Benefits of Lower EGT:
-Indication of lower combustion temp
- better engine effiecieny
etc...

Harm of Higher EGT:
-Damage to turbo

(read more at http://bankspower.com/techarticles/show/25-why-egt-is-important)

Both Logs are from 3rd gear pulls

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
APR STAGE 1
2006 A3 2.0T Cat TEmp- Ambient 56F

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

APR STAGE 1 W/ WATER/METH INJECTION @ 4PSI (W/ 4GPH NOZZLE)
MY 2007 MKV GTi Cat Temp - Ambient 52F

·
Registered
179 Posts
I can prob account for at least 10 of those views too. Great vid to show ppl who have no idea what launch control is. Plus the Cue cards and dead silence is hilarious

·
Registered
479 Posts
Nice launch vid. I'm sure I watched it when I was researching GTI'S before I bought. I know my neighbors hate it when I back out of my drive and drop it into S mode, but they can't say much since a lot of them have trucks with intakes and (probably) illegal exhausts. By the way, how do you like your Carbonio intake?

·
Registered
74 Posts
yeah. i watched this LC movie too ;)

btw. i always wondered on US GTI's performance. You drive on 93 octanes.
In PL most common is 95, i drive on 98 and sometimes on 100 ;)

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
rep that 516 d00d, we def. need to have a meet up soon haha
hah yep. BTW do you go to the Bestbuy meets Thursdays at like 9:00 on Old COuntry Road? They got good stuff there.

OOO cool so the W/M cooled your EGT's by 50+ degrees.. looks good!
Yep, not bad rite hah, and that was after my second pull. My first pull, I recorded EGT with injection at 7psi, so it was relatively warmed up. After the semester ends for me, Im gunna try to find the best solution mixture (water:meth) ratio, it will be interesting to see if a 50:50 mix is actually the best. I'll be prepared for some myth busting this summer hah.

BTW, hows ur W/I kit coming along.

Nice launch vid. I'm sure I watched it when I was researching GTI'S before I bought. I know my neighbors hate it when I back out of my drive and drop it into S mode, but they can't say much since a lot of them have trucks with intakes and (probably) illegal exhausts. By the way, how do you like your Carbonio intake?
The carbonio intake it pretty nice. Of course the power aspect of it is drowned out by being chipped, but when I first got it, I could have sworn I felt gains :D . The carbon fibre looks pretty cool tho, thats kinda what got me; the fact that you keep ur engine cover (without trimming) and the cool looking carbon fibre.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

update: WHen I did the pull to measure EGT, I also recorded boost pressure. Ill have that up later today. 3rd gear pull BTW

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Actual Boost Pressure- 3rd Gear Pull

Outside Temp: 52F
Gear: 3rd
93 Octane gas

Would anyone like to see how octane rating effects actual boost pressure with APRs 93 octane tune? 93 vs 96 vs 100 ?

·
Premium Member
8,973 Posts
WaZzAp1101;95108 BTW said:
It's coming, I have a problem with my ECU, I grounded out the output on the circuit I built so now I'm not getting the correct voltage output. I have to trace out which part I fried. I havent had much time lately but I go to court for my ridiculous speeding ticket on thursday.. I might have more time than I know what to do with after that:(

·
Registered
70 Posts
nah i havent been able to make the meets bc i got school mad early on fridays, it sucks haha. I'll try to make it out dureing the summer def. Rep the MFG haha

1 - 20 of 34 Posts