Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How often should u wax and polish your GTI

and what do u guys recommend for waxing and polishing products

i have a candy white GTI so i dunno if diff wax is better for diff colour or not

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
which body kit there's 30+, raw, primed or pre-painted, with or without exhaust where do you want it shipped?....uhhh anything else?

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
pacokd said:
xxxfast said:
ehhh like once a month.......... meguiars nxt tech wax gets the job done just keep it off the plastic
One question how much is the body kit for the gti
IIRC VW kit: about $1200 in parts- color painted to match.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I use Meguires NXT generation liquid O0, Meguires NXT generation Speed detail every other week. Then I also use Meguires NXT generation car wash. It's the best. No powder residue. My car is a 2007 GTI Fahrenheit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I also have a candy white (07 18k miles) and just yesterday I able to get him all cleaned up in my driveway for the very first time. All other washes have been by machine or dealer spray washes. Anyway I used a turtle wax wash n wax combo for the soap and turtle wax ICE for the final wax. The ICE was awesome!! Plain and simple wipe it on, goes on clear, wipe it off. car looks incredible. I had to put it in the garage as I was blinding the neighbohood with the glare. BTW the stainless exhaust tips are toasted brown in color and would not polish even with stainless polish. Good Luck

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
yeah I also use the Meguiar's tech wax...it's pretty good...TW Ice is also an excellent choice...but definately go with the paste wax.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Keep it simple.. Black Magic Liquid Wax, looks great and is very easy to apply/buff. Plus its rated number one by consumer reports, above all other waxes noted in this post.

Anyways, I usually clay every 6 months and wax every 2-3 months. Also use Griots Garage Speedshine for quick washes and between wax jobs. Every year I apply Griots Garage Paint Sealant after I strip all the wax.

The NXT Tech Wash is great to wash your car before you wax.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Zymol waxes!

I just used HD Cleanse and the Carbon wax from Zymol. I have a reflex Silver MkV GTi. The HD Cleanse took a while to do but the carbon wax was amazing on and off like that and the car looks better then when I picked it up.

It might be expensive but definitely worth it.

I also use the Zymol Leather cleaner and conditioner, its also is amazing.

I plan on buying the clay bar from Zymol as well, shortly as I can feel that it will need it soon.

www.zymol.com

·
Registered
79 Posts
Well.. first i wash it w/Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo then use Pinnacle Natural Brilliance pure brazilian ivory carnauba smells good and looks great. I buy it online from Autogeek.com they have some really nice products.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just purchased my GTI a couple of weeks ago.
I use Griots car care

After i wash the car i use a spray on wax.

When i stop in to stock up on more stuff they always have a tip for me on how to care for my car.

My neighbor has an Audi Allroad and a Q7. He waxes his rigs every two months. He is a car fanatic. When he goes into Griots he is on a first name basis:)

http://www.griotsgarage.com/home.do

·
Registered
24 Posts
Elbow grease forget spending $1000 for an ounce of stuff that is going to be weathered. It makes more sence to get a decent product and apply more often, if one is worried about their finish.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Elbow grease forget spending $1000 for an ounce of stuff that is going to be weathered. It makes more sence to get a decent product and apply more often, if one is worried about their finish.
$1000???? My zymol wax was only like $50, Sure they have the more expensive stuff, but their $50 wax is really good to. I've waxed my car a bunch of times and I still have enough to get a few more waxes out of the jar. And I got this jar last year at this time.

·
Registered
24 Posts
$1000???? My zymol wax was only like $50, Sure they have the more expensive stuff, but their $50 wax is really good to. I've waxed my car a bunch of times and I still have enough to get a few more waxes out of the jar. And I got this jar last year at this time.
Look around there is stuff out there as well as the idiots who belive it works better. Even $50 is a little spendy for my taste. Elbow grease and patience is your best friend. Maybe you should wach "Karate Kid" after you wash it. [flame].

1 - 20 of 48 Posts