Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I talked to one of the service center reps about how to void a warranty. The rep said that if there was any new tires, rims, exhaust, nd even a new radios, my warranty would be completely void. They would even deny me the 10k mile service. To me, he just sounded like some young guy sitting at the service desk talking out of his ass. Then he told me crap on how the dealers are very strict. I gotta fight back, Any tips?

·
Registered
158 Posts
They cannot legally void any part of your warranty unless they can prove a part you added caused the malfunction/breakdown/whatever. And then, the warranty is only voided for that specific problem that they showed was caused by your negligence.

New tires or radio (wtf?) cannot ever void your entire warranty. Or really any part of it. How could they possibly expect you to go 5 years on one set of tires?

·
Registered
842 Posts
WaZzAp1101 said:
Hey guys, I talked to one of the service center reps about how to void a warranty. The rep said that if there was any new tires, rims, exhaust, nd even a new radios, my warranty would be completely void. They would even deny me the 10k mile service. To me, he just sounded like some young guy sitting at the service desk talking out of his ass. Then he told me crap on how the dealers are very strict. I gotta fight back, Any tips?
man you are lucky, you got to talk to the chief fuckhead in person............ O0

·
Registered
169 Posts
When i asked my stealership about mods and stuff like that he said that they just wouldn't warranty the part that i had put in and any thing that they could prove that might have caused something else to break or go wrong ex. getting chipped and then blowing a DV. but other than that he said its not like if you lowered the car and the exhaust fell off they wouldn't warranty it because the loweringdidn't have anything to do with the exhaust.

·
Registered
45 Posts
06TRMKV said:
When i asked my stealership about mods and stuff like that he said that they just wouldn't warranty the part that i had put in and any thing that they could prove that might have caused something else to break or go wrong ex. getting chipped and then blowing a DV. but other than that he said its not like if you lowered the car and the exhaust fell off they wouldn't warranty it because the loweringdidn't have anything to do with the exhaust.
I've heard similar things from my stealership along with other VW owners..... are there any other VW stealers around? You could check with them and see what they say because that sounds like total crap. My dealership told me that they don't mind it when there are warranty issues, because basically it's a VW problem, not the dealer, so VW is actually paying the dealer to do the job.

Good luck if you do have any warranty issues though - I had a defect on one of my Huffs, and VW simply refused to acknowledge that it was their problem and tried to blame it one me.

Anyways, good luck bro

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well, I just found out the VW Service Manager's number, and I'm gunna give him a call tomorrow about warranty. His name is Frank, but I'm not scared of him. Any words of advice before I talk to him?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Yeah, tell him the law is on your side. If he's going to void your warranty, he better be able to prove that your part caused the issue. Otherwise you'll take him to court. I'd be nice about it first though.

·
Premium Octane
1,289 Posts
I just had my Intake Manifold Runner Valve replaced, under warranty, with a great big P-FLo staring them right in the face.. Soooo. Take that Service Department ;D

·
Registered
280 Posts
Bcruzin said:
I just had my Intake Manifold Runner Valve replaced, under warranty, with a great big P-FLo staring them right in the face.. Soooo. Take that Service Department ;D
Way to stick it to "the man"! >:D

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hey guys, yesterday, I called up the number the dealership emailed me. When I asked if this was Frank, the guy said, "No sir, my name is Wilson, would you like to rent a car?" I was soo pissed off. :mad:

Maybe I should write a reply email to the dealership [pissed]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts