Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have 2008+ GTI (TSI) want to go from Stg1 -> Stg2, need to purchase an APR RSC 3" turbo back and Carbonio Stg2 intake.. If you have either would you text me at 310.430.4304 I'm in LA area.

No specials at the moment goapr.com so want to buy yours if you have one.

Tks,
CK

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
do you specifically want APR stuff? or do you just want that because the APR website tells you you need it for stage 2? because you can get any brand of downpipe and intake and it will work just fine. APR stuff is pretty pricy. but if your set on APR then id check out vortex, theyll have a lot more to offer in the classifieds

·
Premium Member
3,622 Posts
do you specifically want APR stuff? or do you just want that because the APR website tells you you need it for stage 2? because you can get any brand of downpipe and intake and it will work just fine. APR stuff is pretty pricy. but if your set on APR then id check out vortex, theyll have a lot more to offer in the classifieds
Exactly. Don't believe the hype.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Appreciate all the info guys.. so I was looking at this little video..
and I think this guy only did a downpipe for his Stg2 config but if you use stopwatch and time his Stg1 and Stg2 40-100mph it's exactly the same - 12sec. So I guess I'm asking is it really worth it to go Stg2 in the first place?

·
Use Google Search!!!!
8,222 Posts
Appreciate all the info guys.. so I was looking at this little video..
and I think this guy only did a downpipe for his Stg2 config but if you use stopwatch and time his Stg1 and Stg2 40-100mph it's exactly the same - 12sec. So I guess I'm asking is it really worth it to go Stg2 in the first place?
That's not an accurate way of gauging it man. It will give you 15-20 more hp, better top end, and more power all around. Fvck yes its worth it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hear ya, but at the same time spending a couple G's and seeing no change on 40-100mph would be a little disappointing? Any website link that you guys can share where I can purchase a down-pipe? And who would help me with Stg2 software if I just get a downpipe?

·
Use Google Search!!!!
8,222 Posts
I hear ya, but at the same time spending a couple G's and seeing no change on 40-100mph would be a little disappointing? Any website link that you guys can share where I can purchase a down-pipe? And who would help me with Stg2 software if I just get a downpipe?
Couple grand? Downpipe+tune=1200 tops, and can be done for 800 or so

Apr, giac, or unitronic does software for the gti

Here is a link for a dp

http://www.42draftdesigns.com/categories/products/mk5dp.html

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
if you look at the comments he even says that he messed up and didnt push it as hard. he clearly says stage 2 is worth it and faster. but seriously i wouldnt spend so much money on APR stuff, cuz other brands will do the same job for wayy less. and u only need the downpipe, not the full exhaust

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How do you mess up in DSG GTI from 40-100mph, seriously? No shifting required.

My conclusion is that if you just get downpipe w high flow cat for let's say $500 and upgrade to Stg2 software I might see a 10-15whp gain... not much more, which is why those 40-100mph times were almost even.

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
If u dont think Stage 2 is worth it based on that, then dont get it. I think its very well worth....

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
How do you mess up in DSG GTI from 40-100mph, seriously? No shifting required.

My conclusion is that if you just get downpipe w high flow cat for let's say $500 and upgrade to Stg2 software I might see a 10-15whp gain... not much more, which is why those 40-100mph times were almost even.
check the comments on youtube, he said he messed up

·
Registered
732 Posts
I like APR stuff, if you do too then dont worry about what everyone says.. But like they said, you dont HAVE to have the APR stuff to go with the STG2 programming (athough they do the tuning based on their own equipment, which is going to yield the best results).

$1700 is how much it costs to buy a muffler for an M5. I got my RSC and intake used, they do exist.. Check out VwVortex.com and Golfmk5.com, they both have a lot better classifieds section.

And Edit... Stage 1 had better low end, stage 2 has a MUCH better top end. 2-4k doesnt seem that much different then the engine springs to life.

·
USMC
1,105 Posts
Just bought a R32 bumper already painted cw and GHL r32 exhaust for $600. Super excited!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts