Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have searched here at the TEX and at GOLFMKV. and no luck, does anyone have access to more info on what modules or wiring that is needed to install this on our vehicle? [help]If i lived in Europe i would have this info NP. Thanks if anyone has anysource or online catalog that might have it. :)

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
hmmm interestin'

didnt know bout that....definitely dont have that. U should jus do the apr chip and when conditions are bad, put it in valet mode

·
Registered
27 Posts
If it works like the winter switch on Benzes it makes the trans start out in second gear-to lessen the chance of wheel spin at take off. It also 'retards' the shift points and harshness. By making the transmision shift softer and keeping the engine out of the higher power ranges it lowers the chance of wheel spin again. It also won't downshift as easy-wheel spin again. It is there basically to 'dull' the performance of the car in very limited traction situations. Combined with ESP, good tires and the winter mode, any goof could drive through some pretty slippery conditions.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
ahhh....thanks for the info.

now u've explained this, does not apply to me, i drive stick

·
Registered
27 Posts
You're welcome. It is doing to an auto trans what your brain/skills would do with a manual. Three pedals as well. O0

1 - 9 of 9 Posts